What would wives/SO's enjoy?

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
I've talked to the girls over on Jetgirls already and gotten their thoughts on what they'd like to do while the event is going on...

If you were going to bring your spouse or sig other, what ideas (entertainment or knowledge) do they have or what would they like to do to keep occupied and also have a productive JC/vegas experience?

I've talked to the girls over on Jetgirls already and gotten their thoughts on what they'd like to do while the event is going on...

If you were going to bring your spouse or sig other, what ideas (entertainment or knowledge) do they have or what would they like to do to keep occupied and also have a productive JC/vegas experience?

For them to NOT see each other since they KNOW each other.... ;)

Wife:
Spa trip
Shopping
Museum
Show

GF:
Rent a Harley and RIDE!
Hiking
Show
Ice Bar

Both:
When there once with wife the girls like top of Paris for themselves (no guys). Not sure what is so big about that, I haven't been up there.

Is anyone else bringing their kids? Despite my repeated recommendations to not do so, Jeannine is insisting that we bring Tavin along :insane:. She figures he will like watching the fountains at Billagio and stuff like that. I figure he will be bored after day one and then she'll bail out in order to keep him happy.

Any conversation that does not involve airplanes.

Hey, I know there are some women that like a good conversation about beer and boobies. If you find one, keep her.;)

Is anyone else bringing their kids? Despite my repeated recommendations to not do so, Jeannine is insisting that we bring Tavin along :insane:. She figures he will like watching the fountains at Billagio and stuff like that. I figure he will be bored after day one and then she'll bail out in order to keep him happy.

How old is he?

Personally (and this is coming from someone WITH kids too!) I would not bring kids. LAS is a lot of fun, but not really a "family"-visiting place....

Do you have some other childcare option, grandma/grandpa/aunt/etc? Tell her it's okay to get away from the kids and have a couple "adult" days now and then. I'm not really one to preach, as I haven't made it to NJC since '04 because of my high-maintenance kids, HOWEVER, I think mine are finally old enough that the grandparents will be able to deal with them for a couple days.

Entirely my own situation/opinion: If I brought my kids to NJC they would be a big distraction to getting to chat with everyone & fully enjoying it. Your mileage may vary, of course. :)

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Personally (and this is coming from someone WITH kids too!) I would not bring kids. LAS is a lot of fun, but not really a "family"-visiting place....

I completely agree with you! My son will be 4 in September and I don't think he should come at all. Jeannine is basically saying that if he cant go, she won't. If she sticks to it then I'll be coming solo. I just wish I could convince her to come because it would be nice to finally have a vacation together without him. oh well, we'll see once it gets closer.

most of the other women do not bring their children, they know Vegas is really no place for kids and they too want some quiet, relaxation time or even "couple" time while in Vegas.

maybe it's the way you're phrasing it to her and she just doesn't understand why you wouldn't want to take him along?

My plan so far is to try and get a nice discount for the spa...fitness room every day...maybe some cabana time at the pool and a wine tasting or cooking class...we might even have a roundtable discussion on "lifestyle issues" but not sure about that yet. depends on how much space we end up with and who else wants the breakout sessions (if there's any left for us :p)

If they're interested in adventure (hiking, biking, rafting etc), i need to know cuz otherwise i'm really looking at a more relaxed approach right now

Any conversation that does not involve airplanes.

I'm not a wife or significant other and I have to tell you, sometimes that bores me as well. Uh, no, I really don't care about the difference between flying an Embraer and a Bombardier. I figure if I get to the point where I need to learn that, someone will be teaching me that and paying me for it.

I mean, didn't you guys learn your lesson a couple of years ago, when you tried to hit up the hot Aussie chick and she told you "I don't fancy pilots, thank you."

I'm not a wife or significant other and I have to tell you, sometimes that bores me as well. Uh, no, I really don't care about the difference between flying an Embraer and a Bombardier. I figure if I get to the point where I need to learn that, someone will be teaching me that and paying me for it.

I mean, didn't you guys learn your lesson a couple of years ago, when you tried to hit up the hot Aussie chick and she told you "I don't fancy pilots, thank you."

And if they were car salesman the answer would have been,

"I don't fancy car salesman, thank you."

Probably wasn't the occupation....::D

most of the other women do not bring their children, they know Vegas is really no place for kids and they too want some quiet, relaxation time or even "couple" time while in Vegas.

maybe it's the way you're phrasing it to her and she just doesn't understand why you wouldn't want to take him along?

My plan so far is to try and get a nice discount for the spa...fitness room every day...maybe some cabana time at the pool and a wine tasting or cooking class...we might even have a roundtable discussion on "lifestyle issues" but not sure about that yet. depends on how much space we end up with and who else wants the breakout sessions (if there's any left for us :p)

If they're interested in adventure (hiking, biking, rafting etc), i need to know cuz otherwise i'm really looking at a more relaxed approach right now

I like the Cabana, wine tasting & cooking class. I'm not into the adventure/outdoorsy stuff. My idea of a good time, is relaxing. This is actually sounding pretty fun. I guess you can count us in! Now I'm looking forward to this! :D

Speaking for the wife (who lives on JC vicariously through me) she is interested in spas, but also interested in learning about industry stuff... big picture, no CRJ VS ERJ.

Speaking for the wife (who lives on JC vicariously through me) she is interested in spas, but also interested in learning about industry stuff... big picture, no CRJ VS ERJ.
Can you have her elaborate on the industry "stuff"? i need to try and meld that down some so i can see if i can find someone that might be able to help.

Back