Question for Delta Airline Pilots

CC slam clicks?!? No!!! No way!!!!!!! I’m stunned!

You mean to tell me he goes to his hotel room, logs onto JC, rips on Delta/Corpies/Intl pilots then goes down to the hotel lobby restaurant and gets a burger and fries alone?!? No way! THERES JUST NO WAY!

That’s crazy dude!

You really think I’m spending my money on crazy hotel priced food? It’s Sbarros or Subway for me. :cool: Maaaaaaaybe an Applebees if I’m feeling it.

I got a boring thread drift question. How senior is the Hawaii flying on the Airbus? And is it only LAX and SEA crews that do it? I was surprised to see as many NEO’s as I did going to the islands.

I got a boring thread drift question. How senior is the Hawaii flying on the Airbus? And is it only LAX and SEA crews that do it? I was surprised to see as many NEO’s as I did going to the islands.
It’s not very senior. The good Hawaii builds are - but the longer trips withBS in it. Or go east, then west, then Hawaii, redeye home are junior Hawaii flying. It’s also pretty much just SEA/LAX. Sometimes I’ve seen other bases get them but even then it was extremely rare.

All island flying is NEO - minus HNL. Granted year round outside of HNL, we only fly to islands from 2 bases. Which is lowest in the industry. Only Seattle to HNL is 321 and the rest of HNL routes are heavies. Usually in winter OGG is upgraded to heavies and we get a few more seasonal OGG (from ATL/SLC/MSP). But with the fires this upcoming winter is only slotted for SLC and we’ve even pulled back our OGG flying out of LAX (pretty much every airline is pulling capacity to OGG).

Hahaha ha.
No.

Loads are in the 50% range mostly.

Their transpac flying seems to be doing ok.

I assume nobody realizes there is someone other than HAL for that kind of stuff. HI-Mainland, pick your poison. We all sell seats at dramatically under-cost rates. I did enjoy during a walk around on a somewhat recent SEA-OGG trip, seeing an entire bag cart loaded with car tires. That's where the money is at! They weren't even fancy tires. The thought did cross my mind that they are borderline hazmat, in the right conditions

I assume nobody realizes there is someone other than HAL for that kind of stuff. HI-Mainland, pick your poison. We all sell seats at dramatically under-cost rates. I did enjoy during a walk around on a somewhat recent SEA-OGG trip, seeing an entire bag cart loaded with car tires. That's where the money is at! They weren't even fancy tires. The thought did cross my mind that they are borderline hazmat, in the right conditions

Nope there is just a lot of brand loyalty out here despite the issues Hawaiian is currently having. Also, SWA's inter island schedule doesn't have the frequency (or reliability) to motivate people to move over.

And tires are a prohibited item on most pax carriers with the exception of transporting them as COMAT. Your shop may have an exemption due to the freighter stuff they do in the SE.

Next time you want to have a power struggle just remember you’re playing with fire.
797F5EF3-6A6B-47EB-9C49-36A7537CC550.gif

Back