ZED Fare travel

AngelFuree

I'm looking to travel w/ Turkish airlines on a ZED Fare and was looking to list on one of their flights. However, when I called them, I spoke with three different people and they did not understand the concept of "listing for a flight" and their English was very marginal. :(

Do you guys know if, in general, it may be possible to list for a flight from the ticket counter with some of these foreign carriers?

I'm flying to IST w/ Delta from JFK, and transferring to a Turkish flight to Tbilisi, Georgia but don't want any hiccups along the way or I'll be stuck in Istanbul for the night.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

For the airlines I've worked for we had to get a voucher through our airline or they booked it for us. The only one we would book directly with was Southwest

For the airlines I've worked for we had to get a voucher through our airline or they booked it for us. The only one we would book directly with was Southwest

Yeah USAir and Delta are the same way, just check to see if there are seats on the airline you want to fly then go to USAir or Delta ticket counter and they will do everything for you, so that should be the same process across the board.

Yeah USAir and Delta are the same way, just check to see if there are seats on the airline you want to fly then go to USAir or Delta ticket counter and they will do everything for you, so that should be the same process across the board.
Thanks, well, I already have the tickets. However, you have to list w/ the particular airline before fly with them (standby). ZED fares are good across different airlines on city pairs, so it's not as if you're automatically listed w/ the airline.

For example, I got tickets for traveling on Delta but still had to call to list for the flight as a nonrev/standby.

I always had to call Frontier, Southwest, and Airtran to list myself as a non rev. So I guess you're going to have to do the same. Try and find the non rev hot line if they have one.

There may not be a non employee non rev listing system.

If that's the case you'll just have to go to the counter in IST and hand them the ZED fare and have them list you for the flight. It does add a bit of an unknown to the equation, but it's how a lot of places work.

If that's the case you'll just have to go to the counter in IST and hand them the ZED fare and have them list you for the flight. It does add a bit of an unknown to the equation, but it's how a lot of places work.

Yeah that is the way I've done it once I got my tickets.

I figured that's what I'd do. Thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully the 3 hours in between flights will suffice to get things taken care of (provided I don't have to go through customs/immigration just to get to a ticket counter).

I have used a bunch of ZED fares on various airlines. Most of the time I have listed. The few times I haven't listed have created headaches and/or in Qantas' case I was unable to use the ZED fare on that particular trip.

I would try listing a few more times, they've got to have someone around who speaks English. I would also call your airline's travel department and see if they know how important (or not) it is to list.

Hope that helps!

I have used a bunch of ZED fares on various airlines. Most of the time I have listed. The few times I haven't listed have created headaches and/or in Qantas' case I was unable to use the ZED fare on that particular trip.

I would try listing a few more times, they've got to have someone around who speaks English. I would also call your airline's travel department and see if they know how important (or not) it is to list.

Hope that helps!
Thanks, man. Yeah I called my airline's travel dept...and they told me what I expected to hear: "It says you have to list on this airline, but it only gives the generic 1-800 phone number." She wasn't able to help me much.

I'm gonna try to go to a Turkish ticket counter in JFK if I get a chance. They ought to know. The phone reps spoke some English, but didn't really know about ZED fares, etc. If the SUPERVISOR didn't know, I'm not sure who will. I spoke to 3 different people. I'll try to bug them at a later time in the day and see if I luck out with the right person.

I'm gonna try to go to a Turkish ticket counter in JFK if I get a chance. They ought to know. The phone reps spoke some English, but didn't really know about ZED fares, etc. If the SUPERVISOR didn't know, I'm not sure who will. I spoke to 3 different people. I'll try to bug them at a later time in the day and see if I luck out with the right person.

I was just about to say this. Chances are they get ZED fares on other airlines, so they know what a ZED fare is and how to book it.

Back