ZED fare help

jynxyjoe

Queso King
Gonna shoot for a little vaca down in SXM in a couple weeks and would like info on Zed fares from those who have done it.

I think I understand the logistics but let me say it out loud anyhow:
-buy a ticket from the online or phone service for your airline, get confirmation number
-goto ticket counter on day in question and get the zed fare
-goto correct airline counter for flight you purchased zed fare and get boarding pass
-ticket counter will assign you a seat based on seats available

questions:
Is the above right?
Does a Zed fare have a higher boarding # than a typical non-rev'er\ jumpseater?
This flying is still just "standby", not a real ticket, correct?

Are you going by yourself? If so then you should just go with jumpseating. You'll only have to pay int'l taxes and it will be cheaper than buying a ZED fare. ZED's are definitely space available tickets, and I'm not sure of the boarding priority. I just went to St. Maarten a couple of weeks ago and the taxes cost me around $55.

Through what carrier that you fly for do you have the ZED agreement through. Here at RAH, here is what we do through Airways. We have a huge list of carriers that we have agreements with and anybody on my benefits list can purchase a ZED fare if they have my information and their name shows up in the system.

For example, my parents just purchased ZED fares for Southwest flights at the Airways ticket counter. They simply state the city pairs they want to purchase and I listed them on Southwest. They show up and hope for the best. There are no dates listed on them, but they're good for 90 days from the date of purchase and can be returned for a full refund if not used.

Gonna shoot for a little vaca down in SXM in a couple weeks and would like info on Zed fares from those who have done it.

I think I understand the logistics but let me say it out loud anyhow:
-buy a ticket from the online or phone service for your airline, get confirmation number
-goto ticket counter on day in question and get the zed fare
-goto correct airline counter for flight you purchased zed fare and get boarding pass
-ticket counter will assign you a seat based on seats available

questions:
Is the above right?
Does a Zed fare have a higher boarding # than a typical non-rev'er\ jumpseater?
This flying is still just "standby", not a real ticket, correct?

Press 2 or 3 now. They NWA pass benifit guy walks you though it.

Yes, just stand by.

On a side note what MEM overnights have a Gym or work out facilities near by?
For example in CRW,YKF, LBE, and CHO you have access to health clubs from the hotel we stay at? Just wondering what ones in MEM do if any?

Press 2 or 3 now. They NWA pass benifit guy walks you though it.

Yes, just stand by.

On a side note what MEM overnights have a Gym or work out facilities near by?
For example in CRW,YKF, LBE, and CHO you have access to health clubs from the hotel we stay at? Just wondering what ones in MEM do if any?
Just off the top of my head, I'd say everything has some sort of facility. GLH probably doesn't. PAH and MLU are questionable. Everything else has some sort of in hotel workout thing.

At Express, we have a lot of airlines that we can buy ZED fares on through the agreement that Continental has them.

We can buy them at the employee travel office or, in theory, at any ticket counter at any airport. We get them on paper ticket stock. Usually there is some requirement to list on the airline you want to travel on via phone or internet. The procedures differ by airline.

For example, I flew on JAL out of Tokyo and I didn't even list. I just showed up at Narita with the ZED paper ticket and a smile and they got me on a flight. They were pretty cool too. I have a firm belief that you will get treated much better by the international carriers as a non rev than our airlines treat our paying customers.

I flew on Thai out of BKK and I listed ahead of time on flyzed.com and it was pretty hassle free. I showed up and was given a seat assignment 4 hours prior to departure. They asked if I wanted aisle or window! I used a ZED ticket earlier this month on BA and it worked pretty well too. I listed ahead of time on BA's employee travel website. When I got to the landside area of T5 at Heathrow, I just checked in at the self serve kiosk with the record locater and I was able to pick my own seat! They also have a non-rev lounge there. I guess that's where you go if a flight is pretty tight and it isn't a sure thing that you'll get on. After check-in, I got through security with the boarding pass and gave the paper ZED ticket to the agent at boarding.

I have flown several times on zed fares when I worked at United. The gate or ticket counter agent at United would issue the voucher to me before my trip. I would use it to check in at the respective airlines counter and they placed me on the standby list. You will be placed after the the respective airlines employees in check in order usually. I know at Star Alliance partner airlines other partners would get priority over the non Star Alliance airlines. Any questions just ask.

BTW which airline do you plan on taking to SXM? American might be your best bet.

Back