You're know you're around money ...

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
You\'re know you\'re around money ...

when the cheapest thing on the ramp is the new $100k, '04 Ferrari sitting on the ramp!
shocked.gif

I meandered over to the SDL Business Aircraft Jet Preview today and honest to whomever-you-pray-to-here the Ferrari was one of the cheapest things on the ramp! The cheapest aircraft was either the Seneca V or the glider. The Seneca was going for a nice $750k.

Re: You\'re know you\'re around money ...

[ QUOTE ]
when the cheapest thing on the ramp is the new $100k, '04 Ferrari sitting on the ramp!
shocked.gif

I meandered over to the SDL Business Aircraft Jet Preview today and honest to whomever-you-pray-to-here the Ferrari was one of the cheapest things on the ramp! The cheapest aircraft was either the Seneca V or the glider. The Seneca was going for a nice $750k.

[/ QUOTE ]

A freaking Seneca for $750K? No wonder GA is tanking.

No kidding, I wouldn't pay half that for that POS.

A brand new 172 will set you back an easy $300k!

Don't forget about the $5 million King Air and $1.2 million Baron....

$300K for a 172 is not correct. That's ridiculous. And now that I'm at it, the last time (couple mos. ago) I spoke to the New Piper rep., you could get a loaded up Seneca V for about $550K. The Seneca you saw must have J.A.T.O. or something.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
the glider.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of glider cost $750k
shocked.gif

Yeah, that Seneca is in Denmark. And I just thought of a 172 that I guess could possibly cost $300K. It would have to be one of those new one's with the big a$$ EFIS/MFD system that's coming out. Even still, I don't see how a 172 could command a $300 price tag.

One of the reasons that GA is dead is that if it would cost $300K for a new Cessna, but it's only about $80K or so for a well maintained mid-70's model, it doesn't make economic sense whatsoever to purchase new.

That $300K could purchase a very very nice used Baron.

I was there too...anyone got $33 million for a Embraer Legacy??
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got $20, any one want to go in on one with me
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
One of the reasons that GA is dead is that if it would cost $300K for a new Cessna, but it's only about $80K or so for a well maintained mid-70's model, it doesn't make economic sense whatsoever to purchase new.

That $300K could purchase a very very nice used Baron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it makes it any better, but a new 172 is around $180k and a new C182 with Garmin 1000s is 295k

[ QUOTE ]
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Legacy was going for $33 Million? I read and was told they were selling for around $20 Million... You can get a nice new Falcon 900EX for about $36 Million...

$100K for a brand new Ferrari actually sounds pretty cheap! I thought they went for around twice that.

Maybe it was $20 million. Once the lady put the number above $10 million...I figured it was out of my price range.
grin.gif

Back