Your flight cancels. What do?

Autothrust Blue

"Well, on the Brasilia..."
^ Basically what the thread titles say. I'm curious as to what your CBA (PWA) says you, the pilot, are obligated to do (i.e. with reroutes/reflows/rescheduling/whatever) in the event of a flight cancellation. Let's assume that you are a lineholder.

(Thanks. Doing some comparison studies.)

Basically, they can reroute us to their heart's content, as long as they get us back to domicile when we were supposed to get there originally.

Basically, they can reroute us to their heart's content, as long as they get us back to domicile when we were supposed to get there originally.
Alright. Thought so. Reroute is fun.

You probably have some sort of (present) responsibility to pick up the phone and call your SOC, right?

All this time, and you still don't know what Eagle's reassignment language is. I can almost hear you blowing up my phone at 4 am again.

I know what you're thinking. Don't.

Actually, the contract never speaks to that. You'd have some explaining to do if you just disappeared, though.
Alright, figured as much. It's likely covered under "use common sense" and "erm, this is Crew Scheduling, we've tried 25 times to get hold of you, you will be receiving a call from your CPO shortly," no?

They can reroute us also as much as they want until the last day, then they can't reassign us to IIRC? two hours later than our original scheduled arrival time.

People here of course prefer to be rerouted due to lack of CX pay.

^ Basically what the thread titles say. I'm curious as to what your CBA (PWA) says you, the pilot, are obligated to do (i.e. with reroutes/reflows/rescheduling/whatever) in the event of a flight cancellation. Let's assume that you are a lineholder.

(Thanks. Doing some comparison studies.)

You know ALPA has this all down by carrier and would take about 30 seconds to find on one of their analysts computer (unless they already have it memorized).

:)

With that, good luck on your project. Have their been issues there?

You know ALPA has this all down by carrier and would take about 30 seconds to find on one of their analysts computer (unless they already have it memorized).

:)

With that, good luck on your project. Have their been issues there?
Hmm, I wonder if it's too late to be an inactive participant, and make a few phone calls if I pay that bill. :D

And "sort of." There were a few proposed, temporary changes that came out on Wednesday (and have since gone away, mind you—I'd call it inadequate preparation). The real issue (IMO) is that we just don't have anything SPECIFIC for IROPS recovery that the Company and pilots can point at and say "Yep, that's what we do." It's about 1% of the operation, maybe, but the response to the proposed TRs was sufficiently negative that I decided to go shopping and see what everyone else does.

(Edit: Incidentally, I'm not a rep or anything for my pilot group. Just a somewhat interested outsider.)

Last edited:
Back