Your first commercial hour logged...

I was much more nervous with my first passenger, who was my mom, and I had something like 80 hours. We went up in the pattern and I was nervous since the consequences of screwing up were now much bigger than by myself.

My first paid flight was instruction, and I wasnt really nervous. I didnt have time to be since I now had to let a 3hour guy take the controls and I had to figure out what to do at the same time. It was funny though telling the guy after the flight "So you were my first..." Haha. He had this stunned look on his face. Unfortunatly he turned out to be one of my worst students, and luckily I had another student at the same time who was one of my best, or I would have been worried about my ability.

Man I miss instructing....

My first pax was my mom only 2 hours after I received my private. It loved the flight, still remember it very vividly, and it was at night. No I wasn't nervous and nothing scary happened.. just the time of my life.

My first dual... well I just got my CFI and I'm waiting to get hired. So the story to be continued...

first paid hour was out of DAB and they said "okay take this plane to Rochester NY, see you there in 2 days"

im like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok :)

mind you, thanks to UND's infinite wisdom, i had never even departed an airport with clearance delivery, flown in/through a bravo, or basically done anything useful in the first 190 hours of my flying career.

i learned more on the first paid flight than i did since i learned how to land. (aerobatic flying excluded)

Did he take the keys?

Considering it was *his* plane, and *his* company, I don't think that would have been a good decision on any level ;)

Actually, in all seriousness, we have a great drop zone. Nobody pulls the dangerous crap I hear about from other places.

What did it feel like getting paid to fly for the first time? The first time you carried divers or solo freight or charter etc - how many hours did you have then - did it pay more or less than you earn now :whatever:

Was everyone Comm+IR+ME or did you get your Comm, and then earn while adding other ratings?

Alex.

My first revenue flight was PAMR--->PAGA--->DCK--->PAGA--->PAMR It was giddy as a school boy the whole way.

I had to actually go and look in my log book to see what it was. It was an intro flight. Entry says "1st paid flight, Intro (she was a hotty). 0.8

Good thing my wife doesn't read that thing:laff:.

Back