You know you've been flying alot when . . .

Windchill

You know you\'ve been flying alot when . . .

. . . I turn down the road to my apartment complex, for some reason get curious as to knowing which direction the road is taking me, then automatically look to the instruments behind the steering wheel for the directional gyro.

Now let's here others stories that have happened and makes you realize you've been flying a lot.

Re: You know you\'ve been flying alot when . . .

When a friend asks about the weather, and you can recite every front, ridge, trough, isobar, and radar summary within a 1000 mile radius, for the past week. I think most of the time they just want small talk, and get in over their heads...lol

Grayson

Blew right through a stoplight that happened to be right in front of the towns police department. Talk about head in the clouds.

You take your hands off the steering wheel to mess with some papers, and when you drift into the opposing lane, you step on the gas to correct
blush.gif

PULL BACK ON THE STEERING WHEEL TO STOP!!!

When you go to park at the local Wal-Mart and the line is positioned strait down the middle of the truck... Did that a couple times, my roommate had to remind me that we weren't on the ramp anymore.

Or have you tried the "cycle the magnitos" upon shutting down your car... hmm... reeks havoc on the starter.

Marilyn

. . .similarly, straddle the lane markings on the freeway because you've just been focused on keeping your craft on the centerline!

You know it's bad when you read back the "You're total is $5.21, pull forward to the first window" instructions at Burger King.

When you at the movies and relate a trailer title with aviation and then go about explaining the concept to the person your with. Happened to me last night when i saw the trailer for the new movie Torque.

[ QUOTE ]
You know you've been flying alot when . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to sit down at the end of the day with the stack of invoices so that you can remember who you flew with to fill out your logbook.

You flew 6 different airplanes, all of which different models, in the same day.

You keep a toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant in your flightbag so you can freshen up between flights.

You drive home going what seems slow when looking at your speedometer, but the officer says is excessively fast.

You say "clear left, center, right" when approaching intersections.

Thats all I can think up for now...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You know it's bad when you read back the "You're total is $5.21, pull forward to the first window" instructions at Burger King.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is so classic...

Well you know you've done too much flight instructing when 1) you yawn as someone tries to kill you during a landing

2) You know there's nothing like the faint smell of vomit in the air at 8000 ft.

3) You know how to ride thermals in a C-150 so well you get 500 ft a minute.

4) Your student tosses the fuel onto you while explaining the fuel sumps.

5) You've hit your head on the high wing at least 5 times

6) You qualify for food stamps.

And that's all I can think of for now. Give me a couple minutes though; I can add some more.

[ QUOTE ]
. . .similarly, straddle the lane markings on the freeway because you've just been focused on keeping your craft on the centerline!

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I never takeoff/taxi/land on the centerline.

Drives CFIs insane when getting a checkout in an FBO plane, had some go almost bezerk.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey - we have something in common - neither do I!!! Uhhhh - am I supposed to???

wink.gif
grin.gif

Centerline? I'm just grateful whenever I'm still on the pavement.

Oh, thought of another one!
8) You have the tower's phone number on speed dial.

feel for the PTT on your steering wheel

Look in the back seat of you car and assume the plane, oops, I mean car will continue on its present heading.

[ QUOTE ]

Drives CFIs insane when getting a checkout in an FBO plane, had some go almost bezerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call it being "centerline impaired!"

How about "you've been watching too many cop shows when..." ... you say "10-4" on ops frequency.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You say "clear left, center, right" when approaching intersections.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack! I do that too, especially at stop signs
blush.gif
Funny thing is it actually works.

I've also got a lot of the local ASOS / AWOS #s on my cell... that is, when I had a cell.

Back