You know what Buddy Pass means?

it's summer time... should have known better!

summer time is normally a pretty busy flying time with all the kiddies out of school... add in the reduction of planes and aircraft sizes and you have a lot of volunteer flights going on which only means displaced passengers that go from flight to flight bumping every single buddy pass rider from getting anywhere anytime soon.

I don't deal with buddy passes anymore... wouldn't give them to even my most unfavorite person.

When DL used to do paper tickets for buddy passes, Bill would shred them every year when he'd get them.

I think in 7 years at AMR I gave out a total of 3 buddy passes. 1 to a college friend of mine in 1996 when flights weren't near so full. The other two to Bill when he needed to go somewhere and the jumpseat was taken.

Agree about growing up in the Delta standby system. Standby during the summer time is going to be terrrible no matter how you do it. I love to see the whining passenger complaining about his flight being delayed at 10 pm when I have missed every flight since 6am but still happy to be going home.!! Hilarious!! School starts here pretty soon, the loads will drop significantly for the quarter. The only way to actually make a buddy pass work is last flight in Thursday night and the sunriser on Monday morning. This reminds me of a favorite non-rev story, LGA to ATL last summer, got to visit three different cities on my 16 hour odyssey!! Only one that tops that is 48hrs in SJU.

I was dumb enough to let three people I had never met use passes to get to a wedding. They were friends of a friend. Probably saved them a total of $1200. What do I get in return? Numerous phone calls about how it was a total nightmare and how Delta overcharged their debit card!

Me: "Have you tried calling Delta about the overcharge?"
Her: "No"
Me: "hmmmmm" :banghead:

Never again

In my years of running amok in the system.. i've only seen the loads be BEST in January.

Back