You heard it here first.... CASW

kiloalpha

Central Air has started with new ventures in aviation... passenger charter. We are no longer 100% freight as our Shrike conversion 500B is in interior now getting leather seats.

We aren't hiring yet. But as our passenger charter grows, we are thinking of also fractional ownership of a Shrike for those that don't want to blow $1.1 mil on a 1/4 share and pay $1,100 an hour on top of that.

We'll be flying 2 pilot ops but who knows, maybe we'll have to stay freight with Airnet and Flightexpress....

Bayside is hungry! Feed it!

Hope it works out well for you guys. Not sure the Commander is the best platform for shuttling execs, though. Great freighter, a little on the slow side for pinstriped jerks, though, no?

Well she was oringally built to haul execs around... even became the smallest Air Force 1. A C90 from MKC to STL will usually beat us by 5-10 minutes, so it's not that slow. And I think it's more comfortable in the back than a Baron or similar planes. Taller, wider and a little more capacity so 4 adults and their golf clubs would be able to fit.

I'm sure someone much smarter than I am thought real hard about it before trying it, just seems a touch draggy for piston charters. And the C90 isn't exactly the Gold Standard of speed, either. I can think of at least one airplane that will pass it like it's standing still on the same or less fuel burn. *cough*, ahem.

Nevertheless, I wish CASW the best. May you prosper and not become part of the Bayside Borg.

Central Air has started with new ventures in aviation... passenger charter. We are no longer 100% freight as our Shrike conversion 500B is in interior now getting leather seats.

We aren't hiring yet. But as our passenger charter grows, we are thinking of also fractional ownership of a Shrike for those that don't want to blow $1.1 mil on a 1/4 share and pay $1,100 an hour on top of that.

We'll be flying 2 pilot ops but who knows, maybe we'll have to stay freight with Airnet and Flightexpress....

Actually Airnet beet you to the punch again. We have passenger service out of Dallas now. Not fractional, but charter.

Jetride is done for.
Airnet is running a pax plane out of Dallas but it's for one specific customer and they also have a lear sitting in columbus in full pax configuration including option for a stretcher.

They were talking about turning the Turbo Commander into a air medic, but I guess they went this way instead.

Haha, yeah, we get paid by the route so I wonder how they are going to do this? Right now it works out to around $60 an flight hour...

I just got the info from the website. $2000/mo. probation. Is this negotiable at all? That is almost a third less than what I make instructing.

I worked there once upon a time.. I doubt JT would up the pay any... Especially now... I think they lost some runs and had to lay some guys off..

Neogotiable? No. Unless you have prior 135 or 121 experience then you can skip probation. We recently had a raise... used to be 1,800 a month as a probie. Also you get $200 bonus checks each month.

Interesting news...

Too bad they will still end up with a panel mount VFR GPS and the 396 stuck in the panel with no autopilot at all... I would hope the charter aircraft gets a little upgrade in avionics so the paying passengers won't feel like they are stuck in the 1960s.

Think CASW will have dedicated charter pilots or just rotate some of the freight dawgs based there in MKC?

I always thought it was ridiculous that they did not activate the auto pilot... I had fun there, but no way I would return.

Interesting news...

Too bad they will still end up with a panel mount VFR GPS and the 396 stuck in the panel with no autopilot at all... I would hope the charter aircraft gets a little upgrade in avionics so the paying passengers won't feel like they are stuck in the 1960s.

Think CASW will have dedicated charter pilots or just rotate some of the freight dawgs based there in MKC?

I asked around how they would do that... JT said an autopilot may come in later but not right now. Not sure about an IFR GPS but a GNS430 would be great.

Ronnie said pilot rotations would be on who ever wasnt flying that day. And we might be getting a dedicated SIC for minimal pay. Sorry guys, I think this slot is already taken. (Apparently, they don't a few captains have expressed a dislike to flying with other captains.)

Back