You gotta love A.net

N519AT

Ahh! This is how I change this!
Stupidiest thread I have ever seen, trying to compare Airbus to Cessna.
smirk.gif

Aw come on, I think it's pretty humorous. They ain't really serious, ya know?
smile.gif

I don't think you know the guys at a.net to well Steve. They once told a Citation pilot that he didn't know what the hell he was talking about and the vREF speed was always over 130 knots. So in their words Cessna is better then Boeing too....

I bet $10 that it turns into a Airbus vs Boeing flame thread like anytime Airbus is mentioned on there.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you know the guys at a.net to well Steve. They once told a Citation pilot that he didn't know what the hell he was talking about and the vREF speed was always over 130 knots. So in their words Cessna is better then Boeing too....

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll admit I never spent any time there, but the thread quoted above was intended tongue-in-cheek. There were a few people (well, maybe more than a few
grin.gif
) that didn't get the joke, but some did. For example:
[ QUOTE ]
Plus Airbus is getting its ass handed to them in the small single engine turboprop utility category. Airbus simply has nothing to compete with the Grand Caravan, as the A319 is simply too heavy and big to operate from a wide variety of unprepared airstrips. They don't even offer the option of amphibious floats for the baby Bus so it can operate from the many seaplane bases out there.

They MUST DO SOMETHING NOW or else be locked out of the market, as operators of the C208 value the commonality the the Caravan has with the C206 Stationair/Super Skylane family of piston singles.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now come on, that's funny! This is pretty good, too:
[ QUOTE ]
I still think the A330 has a great potential of overtaking the 172 as the best primary trainer around.

[/ QUOTE ]
And this from the guy that started the thread:
[ QUOTE ]
...and get a load of this guys...

when asked why Airbus A318's cannot be fitted with arctic tundra balloon tyres for rough field operation, their PR Dept responds blatantly... "because we couldn't retract the gear.." Booohooo cry me a *#@&% Seine. More excuses from a company that cannot work around problems, therefore weasels into the ineviatable financial compromise with end users... puh...

Thanks for catching the flavour of the thread DesertJets, I was seriously worried there for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I bet $10 that it turns into a Airbus vs Boeing flame thread like anytime Airbus is mentioned on there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ill put my $20 down...

[ QUOTE ]
There were a few people (well, maybe more than a few
grin.gif
) that didn't get the joke, but some did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what funny. Some of the things that they let slide were hilarious!

By the way, there was a flying club meeting tonight. One of the guys who just signed up? He was a simmer and decided, you know, let me do this for real. Gotta like that.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the A330 has proven to be better for forced approaches than the C172. I have never been able to glide for over 30 minutes in a Cessna! Must learn how, could come in handy for a flight test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I feel cheated...
frown.gif
I'm calling my FBO and telling them that if they don't get any A330s for me to rent, then I'm not giving them any more business.
mad.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Here is an email one of my mates recieved from A.net

[ QUOTE ]
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 11:49 AM
Subject: hi

> hi i was wondering if you colud send me a labtop with a flight simutor
already installed because i am studing to become a pilot .i would like a
simutor with a picture of the avionics and a flight attude
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Message was sent using the mail interface on Airliners.net
> http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?id=398058
>
> To uphold the good reputation of the photographer
> community, please try to reply to photo usage requests.
>

[/ QUOTE ]

Back