Yokes are dumb ...

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
After spending only a measly 10 hours in the Champ I've come to the conclusion that the person (or persons) responsible for, not only inventing the yoke, but profliferating it throughout civil aviation should be hit, repeatedly, in the head with a large, heavy, blunt object.

A center, floor mounted stick is so damned natural and user friendly that to go back to a yoke is almost like a punishment.

Anyway, just my observation ...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a large, heavy, blunt object.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like a yoke?
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that is irony! (bad Futurama joke).
smirk.gif

I think they put them in there to look cool or something. Imagine a 747 or 777 with a flight stick.
smile.gif

Tom

Yeah stick is a lot of fun! Angel Air out at Stellar Airpark has a tandem, stick, Varga Kachina that I've rented a few times. Lots of fun especially because you can fly open canopy!
shocked.gif
Gives you that WWII fighter feel for $69/hr wet. Definitely worth looking at for PHX folks.

Angel Air's Varga Kachina

[ QUOTE ]
I think they put them in there to look cool or something. Imagine a 747 or 777 with a flight stick.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, or an A320, A330, or A340 with a stick ... crazytalk, I tell you!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, I like the yoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

...ever flown stick? It's 'wierd' at first but after a few hours you start wanting to murder the guy who invented yokes; but the down side is where the hell do you put the kneeboard (unless you own a Cirrus!)

The airbus A320 has a "board" that folds out in to a table in front of the pilots. A couple of USAir guys told me one day that it's the "flight attendant jumpseat."

[ QUOTE ]
The airbus A320 has a "board" that folds out in to a table in front of the pilots. A couple of USAir guys told me one day that it's the "flight attendant jumpseat."

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

Haven't had the pleaure of flying anything that was yoke-less yet. I will..... someday. Until then... count me in with the "yoke-lovers".
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, I like the yoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

...ever flown stick? It's 'wierd' at first but after a few hours you start wanting to murder the guy who invented yokes; but the down side is where the hell do you put the kneeboard (unless you own a Cirrus!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple, strapped to your leg.

You know what I mean minuteman.
grin.gif

Have a stick in the middle like in an Extra. I think that would encourage me to do some manuvers.
smirk.gif

Now that would look funny though having that in a passenger plane, in the middle though.

Tom

[ QUOTE ]

Now that would look funny though having that in a passenger plane, in the middle though.

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

On a related note, anyone seen the older V35 Bonanzas with the "throwover" single yoke that you can shift from the left side to the right side, and vice-versa?

Considering I have zero time with both, I'd have to say I go for the whole egg. Yolk and the white stuff too!!
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
On a related note, anyone seen the older V35 Bonanzas with the "throwover" single yoke that you can shift from the left side to the right side, and vice-versa?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a passenger in one... with a less than decent pilot; scared the crap outta me! There's just something about not having control if I needed it....

Missed Approach,

wow. I thought I was the only one these days that flies a Varga. We (Hillside Aviation, Redding CA) have one on the line and I have done a few checkouts in it. What a fun little airplane.....

Dean R.

Back