Yoke buttons?

Ahh! Easy one!

On the left side of the FO's yoke, there are none.

But on the right side of the yoke, the thumb switch on the front of the yoke horn is an autopilot disconnect switch. The two-toggle switch on the right is the pitch trim. You've got to press BOTH forward or backward to adjust the trim (no manual trim in the -88/90). The trigger finger is a PTT/ICS switch.

If you pull the switch towards you, it serves as a PTT (push to talk) switch where you will broadcast on the selected radio as selected on your individual comm panel. If you PUSH the switch towards the instrument panel, you are activating the ICS. You can use the ICS to communicate thru the headseat via your boom mike to the ear/headsets of both crewmembers, normally used when you've got your oxygen mask on and can't speak normally. Also, you can use it to talk to the tug driver during pushback when he's hooked up.

Clear as a heavy lead curtain?
smile.gif

Thanks a lot Doug, that was quick and easy! That really helped out a lot. I had kept meaning to ask that question and I am glad that you answered it. I figured that one of the buttons you would hold down to talk to atc (it made the most sense.

Thanks!

My wife is in ATL and MKE this weekend so not much else to do around the Taylor hogan this evening!

Sad, huh!

I had some cerveza with dinner at home this evening so driving is certainly out of the question.

The pool table has the dining top on it loaded with Kristie's EIT (engineer in training) study material on it and I've given up getting my arse kicked online playing "Unreal".

Ya I know what you mean, those fourth graders are the ones that are always winning stuff like that online. Now thats sad.

[ QUOTE ]
Ya I know what you mean, those fourth graders are the ones that are always winning stuff like that online. Now thats sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, whenever I play Unreal, I just go looking around usually and shoot targets of opportunity, but HOLY CRAP, these fourth graders have a different genetic structure where they are just killing machines, it's scary!

If you ever see "AIRRAGEMD90" on Unreal, it's yours truly. Be kind!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! holy crap, I thought I was good at that game, ten seconds later I am retreating to my room to console myself for losing to a fourth grader!

Here's the RJ:

Trim "hat switch" for picth trim. Just below that is the autopilot disconnect button. Trigger button for flight director synnc. Stab trim disconnect on the fwd-top of grip. ICS/PTT toggle switch on inside of grip.

Back