Yo Doug....just do it man.

DocCorsair

Ya know Doug, I just hate that you have that emotional disconnection from your flying career. But, I do understand how you feel. I was in the same boat as you back 10 short years ago. I used to be a Xray Tech at one of the local hospitals here and just hated it. Went through the whole process of college to get to that point. But each day, I just dreaded going to work. So what did I do, I quit and I followed my childhood dream of becoming a professional firefighter/paramedic. 8 years later, I've nevered looked back.

I can understand that being a pilot for a major isn't what it once was. Thanks to greed and terrorism, our beloved flying world has forever changed. The "Romance" of flying has been taken away from pilots and the general public. And the few pro pilots I know have told me, that sometimes the "Industry Red Tape" is so thick, that you'd ruin 10 chainsaws trying to cut through it. It's awful that pilots have to go through the crap that they do, just to live out their love for flying. According to them, pilot moral at the majors is at all time low. What a damn shame.

I understand not everyone can be in the same boat I was in 8-10 years ago, but I do hope and pray that, you Doug, and many others find what makes you happy. Turning your back and walking away is easier said than done, but if you can do it, personally and financially, make it happen.

Doug, here's to you in your dreams of flying seaplanes in AK, or starting that flight school in AZ. And here's to the rest of you following your dreams in becoming whatever it is your wanting to do. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!

DocCorsair!!

P.S. Doug, even though Delta doesn't fly the big boys in to KSHV anymore, if your ever here in Shreveport for any period of time, your going with me to the Firehouse to ride-out with us. Being at a firestation is like being at a Frat House, Fine Resturant and Disney World, all in one. Cool guys, Fine food, and doing cool S%#T. And if ya have time, we're going up in N156EA, a Eagle 150. Cool plane indeed.
wink.gif

Duh, oh by the way, Congrats on getting married bro. And welcome back to the forums.

Now one last thing, do you need a new digital camera or what? Need some more pic's from the road!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

OK EVERYONE, CHIP IN SOME $$$ SO WE CAN GET DOUG A NEW CAMERA!!!!!!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
if your ever here in Shreveport for any period of time, your going with me to the Firehouse to ride-out with us. Being at a firestation is like being at a Frat House, Fine Resturant and Disney World, all in one. Cool guys, Fine food, and doing cool S%#T. And if ya have time, we're going up in N156EA, a Eagle 150. Cool plane indeed.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You a structural FF at SHV?

Hey Mike, yes! Actually, I've made rank to Fire Driver now. Ranks go as this,
1. Firefighter
2. Driver
3. Captain
4. District Chief...so on and so on.

21 stations, 550 personal. Awesome job. Rewarding, Rewarding, Rewarding times 100.
cool.gif

Back