Yet another example of why not to privatize

I hate the push for privatization, but at least you and I both work in Level 12 Radar facilities. If i was one of these people stuck in some Level 4-5 VFR tower, with no hope of transferring out, privatization would have me extremely stressed about my job either not being there, or having pay benefits cut drastically.

I think its crazy we've gone from arguing that we are "Inherently Governmental" to trying to have the heads of our own union on the board of a private ATC company within 15 years. I understand the whole seat at the table argument, but IMO the workforce should be fighting this tooth and nail. Do people really think when this gets privatized that they're going to pay full wage for us to sit home for 10 days, then work 5? I doubt it.

I firmly believe that if Russian interference ever gets investigated for real, the taxation is theft idiots are going to be where it started.

I beg your pardon but what does “Russian interference” have to do with ATC privatization? Do they have an actual interest in US ATC? I’d figure it would be the ChiCom’s before anyone else.

Actually, it makes an argument FOR privatization. Privatization allows for dynamic response to changing conditions; i.e. allocating resources where they're needed.

They need to have quite and extensive ready-pool though. I’m all about privatizing certain services but I’m not sold on ATC yet. The part that scares me is that they get treated like slaves now and I can’t image it getting any better under a private firm. It’s quite different than let’s say the post office. Canada Post gutted their home delivery and now many people can pick their crap up from a PO Box rather than some bureaucratic schlep hand-delivering it to your doorstep. Just imagine the hundreds of millions of annual savings just from the Workers Comp (CA-1) claims if the USPS did that.

Actually, it makes an argument FOR privatization. Privatization allows for dynamic response to changing conditions; i.e. allocating resources where they're needed.

ah yes so dynamic they closed them permanently. Some of those airports are quite busy, but it’s GA traffic, not commercial. They closed them due to lack of commercial traffic, not traffic in general.

Back