Ye Olde Zulus are dying...

Roger Roger

Bottom of the list
...and according to lightspeed they no longer have/make parts for early serial number Zulus like mine. So the question is, spring for the 2 now on the trade up program or wait and see how much credit I can get towards the PFX when it gets on the trade up this fall?

Trade up program sounds like a solid plan. Pay a little money. Get a new, and upgraded headset.

I traded up from a 20-3G to a pair of the Zulu 2s. Well worth the money. The Zulu2 is a great headset. Better than Bose IMO.

Dang man I hope it's not all the original zulu's. I would think all the parts would be the same right?
The way it was explained to me was that they changed some design features during the production run and the very early serial number headsets were what they did not have parts for. How much truth there is to that I obviously don't know.

Y
Your hearing is worth more that any price for upgrading. Take care of your hearing.
Exactly... that crackle might be doing damage that you dont yet recognize, only ten years down the road you will be missing an entire frequency range from your hearing ability.

The way it was explained to me was that they changed some design features during the production run and the very early serial number headsets were what they did not have parts for. How much truth there is to that I obviously don't know.

While I don't know if that's common for Lightspeed, it's very common in other manufacturing processes.

I had my zulu 1s worked on in January. Needed a new cord because of abuse. They replaced the box and all.

Back