XS at the Encore

tonyw

Okay, folks, I asked a Vegas local about whether there were any new places I should check out and she highly recommended XS at the Encore.

http://www.xslasvegas.com/flash2/index.php

It is so new that they haven't even finished their website. Click on visit, and then click on either the nightclub or patio and see what happens. See how they have a "here we need a description" stuff?

Anyway, they are open Friday through Monday so maybe we could check out the place? Just make sure you leave your baggy jeans and athletic wear at the hotel!

I definitely want to check out the Encore since it's the newest hotel and this would be a good way to do it.

Hate to be a party pooper was there a few weeks ago. We got bottle service but mixed drinks were like 20 a pop and I think cover was 50 a person.

Hate to be a party pooper was there a few weeks ago. We got bottle service but mixed drinks were like 20 a pop and I think cover was 50 a person.

If that's the case, I'd be out as well....

$50 a pop to walk in the door....No Thanks!!!

If it was even $15 or $20 to walk in the door, i'd probably be out.

altho i have not yet checked out if there's a cover to get in the ice bar, doh!

If it was even $15 or $20 to walk in the door, i'd probably be out.

altho i have not yet checked out if there's a cover to get in the ice bar, doh!

Minus 5 Details

• Hours: 10 a.m. - 3 a.m., daily.
  • Average drink price: Varies. Admission to the ice lounge is $30 and includes one cocktail.
  • Payment info: Cash and all major credit cards.
  • Parking: Valet and self-park is available at Mandalay Place and Mandalay Bay.
  • Occupancy: 150.
  • Special events: Special parties are held occasionally.

So yeah... Me and Gonzo were discussing this with our deliciously augmented blackjack dealer last night.

Do we have to pay huge cover charges to get into some pretentious bar filled with snobs from L.A. to party?

Hell no. Plenty to do without getting raped at the register.

There are plenty of sick bars with low or no cover.

If we get a crazy room party goin' on at the Bellagio or the MGM we should be... You know... Making new friends and inviting people to the party, if you get my meaning.

Huge cover charges are the Pay For Training of the party world you know.

(Oh yeah, I said it!!)

Follow on post: If we have a big room party, everybody needs to go buy a bottle of something.. Or at least a sixer.

That way nobody gets left with the bill, ya know?

Follow on post: If we have a big room party, everybody needs to go buy a bottle of something.. Or at least a sixer.

That way nobody gets left with the bill, ya know?

Nothing wrong with that...Everyone bring their favorite to share.....

Hours: 10 a.m. - 3 a.m., daily.
Average drink price: Varies. Admission to the ice lounge is $30 and includes one cocktail.
Payment info: Cash and all major credit cards.
Parking: Valet and self-park is available at Mandalay Place and Mandalay Bay.
Occupancy: 150.
Special events: Special parties are held occasionally.
hmmm i wonder if that cover charge is only at night or during the day...i might have to go check it out during the day to try and circumvent that

<shrugs> I figure it's Vegas. If you want to play, you gotta pay. Anyone who wants in, come along. Anyone who doesn't, that's cool too.

Segs...was it worth it? That's all that matters to me. I don't mind shelling out some cash if it's a good time.

I figure there will be some beautiful babies there. Yes, they will be shallow, vapid, and trying to guess the size of your wallet. So what? I'm not looking to marry them, I'm just looking to have a little fun with them.

I figure there will be some beautiful babies there. Yes, they will be shallow, vapid, and trying to guess the size of your wallet. So what? I'm not looking to marry them, I'm just looking to have a little fun with them.

Hear that? That's the sound of the Failboat's whistle. It's going to be setting sail soon!

There's something for everyone in Vegas. Me, I'd go have a peek maybe, but there's nooooo way I'd want to drag 50 people around on a pub crawl! :)

It's hard enough when the entire crew of 11 people show up for happy hour overseas.

"Avez vooos seats for ummm, eleven Gar-kon? One of dem's a vegetarian, another's got celiac disease, three are drunk and shouldn't eat anything, two are going to be using a credit card, one's only got US dollars and can you take our picture?" :)

"Avez vooos seats for ummm, eleven Gar-kon? One of dem's a vegetarian, another's got celiac disease, three are drunk and shouldn't eat anything, two are going to be using a credit card, one's only got US dollars and can you take our picture?" :)

That soooo sounds like when I went to dinner with the old man and his crew and half the crew from the other MAD flight.

We had Me and the old man, his FO and his wife, his IRO, at least 3 of his FAs, one of the FOs from the other flight and 4 or so of his FAs.

Single check of course:D Some thing like 300 euro.

By the way I sooooooo wish I was out there with you guys (and girls) but I gotta teach monday night, have a class on wednesday, and am in the middle of re-roofing the family camp. Staying way too busy for being 'unemployed'

That soooo sounds like when I went to dinner with the old man and his crew and half the crew from the other MAD flight.

We had Me and the old man, his FO and his wife, his IRO, at least 3 of his FAs, one of the FOs from the other flight and 4 or so of his FAs.

Single check of course:D Some thing like 300 euro.

At CAL, do some do the "Y'all, I only had half a salad and some water, here's 5 Euro" when they know damned well they ordered a few tapas plates, some wine, some sangria, ANOTHER wine and dessert? :) Whenever I used to go out in large groups, there was always one of those.

Anything more than three or four out for dinner on a eurotrip I'd rather go solo.

HA! He had the biggest hit in the wallet by far (but kept it in the 2 digits), being the skipper and all. Of course he was the only one that ordered the pitchers of sangria, sole because he was the one that said we were out.

Plus he paid for mine, and he was in a good mood (had just a wee bit of sangria).

Some of those ladies always target the captains though, it's hilarious!

<shrugs> I figure it's Vegas. If you want to play, you gotta pay. Anyone who wants in, come along. Anyone who doesn't, that's cool too.

Segs...was it worth it? That's all that matters to me. I don't mind shelling out some cash if it's a good time.

For me no. I prefered PURE.

Back