Xmas came a little early

The video I found most interesting was with the salesman... errr I mean "pilot recruiter", Bobby Pinto. Go get those high school kids, Bob!

Bobby is the embodiment of the worst used car salesman stereotype you can think of. I've heard that he's still trying to track me down to get me to do a "testimonial." Keep dreaming, Pinto! :laff:

"and hes decided this would be my best oppertunity." Is that really being used in promotional material? It's almost like they are mocking themselves.

I did some clicking on GTAs site... figured it out I think... I guess it's just paying for the B1900 training... Lame when you can go places that pay you to do the training. This doesn't make sense.

I did some clicking on GTAs site... figured it out I think... I guess it's just paying for the B1900 training... Lame when you can go places that pay you to do the training. This doesn't make sense.

Gulfstream = the only B1900 with twenty paying passengers.:nana2:

On another note, I know two of those folks in the vids. Both are really good people and fantastic pilots. I knew one of them was from Gulfstream but, not the other and it kind of surprises me. I mean, I flew an entire trip with this person as my FO and it never came up. Hmmmm?

I don't get what Gulfstream is... Is it an actual flight school like ATP or just an airline?

They used to have a regular flight school also. I went there for my Inst, Comm, Multi, and CFI. It closed down back in '03. The building that JetU uses used to be the GIA flight school. Now all they have is the PFT program.

As said before in many-a-gulfstream thread, I dont think many doubt the abilities of these pilots. Its just the way they went about becoming pilots that hurts. I have flown with a Captain who was an ex-streamer. He is a great guy, one of my favorite Captains to fly with and is very pro-union.

Its good to hear that some of them are helping out the pilot group as whole now.

I always am a little impressed when I hear someone says they're a captain at Gulfstream. My first response is usually 'Wow, must be hard to fly single pilot most of the time.'

"Instead of using my time as a flight instructor, I can fly for an airline in a period of four months and build some real time, Turbine Time!"

"Instead of using my time as a flight instructor, I can fly for an airline in a period of four months and build some real time, Turbine Time!"

I know, right?

They probably drive trucks with bumper stickers of Calvin pissing on CFI's

Man, you'd think that their father, a Capt. for a legacy carrier, would be a little more intelligent in the selection of flight schools for his children. One of my students has a dad in Flight Test at AA, and his dad did all of the flight school scouting for him because he could make a MUCH better decision than the son.

Does anyone know about how many years one must wait between getting a DUI and applying for a 121 job?

I ask because they say 3 years. Is that normal? I'm just curious.

PCL- When you flew for them, was it out of FLL or no? Once again, just wondering.

Man, you'd think that their father, a Capt. for a legacy carrier, would be a little more intelligent in the selection of flight schools for his children.

He crossed a picket line. Obviously his judgement isn't very good.

PCL- When you flew for them, was it out of FLL or no? Once again, just wondering.

The FLL and MIA base is combined (or at least it was back then), but I always bid for lines out of MIA. FLL is where management was, and as everyone around here knows, management and PCL_128 don't mix too well. ;)

Back