Would a scoliosis affect my medical exam

flyingismydream

Hi I have a 24 degree angle in my spine due to scoliosis im currently 17 and i wanna train for my private pilot license would this in anyway cause for me to not pass? cause its my dream to fly

Hi I have a 24 degree angle in my spine due to scoliosis im currently 17 and i wanna train for my private pilot license would this in anyway cause for me to not pass? cause its my dream to fly

Find an AME, call em' up and ask. It's absolutely astounding what conditions will permit flying - especially if it's just for fun and not for a living. There's a guy I used to work with who is blind in one eye, there's another guy I know who has a pacemaker. I met a guy a few years ago who was a legit diabetic who had a first class. I knew a guy who was a parapalegic with a bonanza who flies the hell out of it.

Is there a chance that you won't be able to? Sure, but you won't know if you don't try. If it's just for fun, you may look at the price tag to get your medical covered and have it not be worth it - but even then, there are a wide array of options available to you if that comes to pass. What part of the country are you in?

Back