Worst wireless company

Flugmaschine

Here we go again, Flug with the questions.
smile.gif

What company/plan is most badmouthed in the office for not working when you need it or for charging huge roaming fees when on the cross-countries, etc? Just trying to weed out the bad seeds, so I'm not out there saying "S'cuseme, can I borrow your phone a minute?" and looking like a dork. Thanks!

Don't have much feedback on the "worst". We use Verizon and have pretty good luck with picking up a signal. Don't have as good a report on the forwarded messages, though. It often happens that my phone will not indicate a message waiting until I get to a different service area. On occasion it may be a day or two later. Now I'm in the habit of calling in for my messages even if the phone is not indicating any messages waiting.

On a side note, why not post this in General Topics or Technical Talk where more people see it?

I guess I was thinking in terms of the preferred service for ATP folks, since that's where I'll be going to school. Seems like people who work in the same place would talk to each other and compare prices/plans/coverage, etc and decide who wins and loses. I guess I could have put this on the larger topic area, but like I said...tunnel vision.

I see what you were thinking. Most of the pro pilots on this site are concerned with coverage areas and quality of service even more than the ATP folks, and should have some pretty good insight also.

Why would you care what the "worst" one is? Because the second-worst would be okay? Go for the best, which is Verizon or AT&T, depending upon who you ask.

I asked for the worst one because I suspected that most companies who offer nationwide service would be close to each other in quality. I also suspected, however, (and this has been borne out in the other topic) that if there was a really lousy one there would be some kind of consensus on it. So far, looks like AT&T is the big loser. Now I know not to go with them, but from what I've seen, Sprint and Verizon seem to be about equal in preference with the folks here. That clarify my reasoning any?
smile.gif

Back