World's looooongest passenger flight!!!

World\'s looooongest passenger flight!!!

Right here!!!

It's Continental's EWR-HKG (Hong Kong) on a 777, just about 16 hours...

Singapore Airlines announced nonstop 18 hour flights from Singapore and LAX and Singapore and NYC...

My 2 cents: You'll be in the emergency room faster than you can say, 'Is it DVT???'

grin.gif

Re: World\'s looooongest passenger flight!!!

I know it isn't the shortest, but I've done IAD-CHO in the J41 which was filed for 17 minutes. A couple of weeks ago, we did DAY-CVG in the Dojet. Thanks to a load of human eyes, we filed as LIFEGUARD and went start to shutdown in less than 25 minutes.

I've heard that there used to be an IAD-BWI run that was filed for about 8 minutes.

My shortest flight=Depart MDT rwy 31 level off at 500' entered left base 26 at CXY. NO after takeoff checks just 1.5 min. of flying. The airports are on opposite sides of the river.

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of weeks ago, we did DAY-CVG in the Dojet. Thanks to a load of human eyes, we filed as LIFEGUARD and went start to shutdown in less than 25 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I've been on that leg before. After going through the check-in process and security it would by far be quicker to just drive to CVG, but the differnces in fares is amazing. When we went to SLC a couple years ago it was something like $425 for a direct flight out of Cincy, but if we went DAY-CVG-SLC it dropped to like $290 round trip.....never will understand how they come up with these fares.

I noticed the same thing. It's often much cheaper to start in GSP and connect through ATL than it is to start in ATL. And at GSP, you have the advantage of shorter lines, cheaper parking, and just a generally easier experience.

DVT is right!

I really don't know why anyone would want to fly LAX-SIN nonstop. I flew LAX-NRT-SIN-NRT-HNL-LAX this summer and the stops were a great way to break up a LONG freaking trip.

I can honestly say that I would rather fly non-stop - flying long haul is like running the marathon, you pace yourself, and after so long it really makes no difference.

...My longest flight was LAX-SYD on a United 747-400, (14hrs) I liked flying with United, but on my return flight, I had this flight attendant who was awfully rude.

When I was younger my family went overseas and we flew from Minneapolis to Tokyo-Narita. It was like 12-13hrs. It was cool though only time I ever rode on 747

[ QUOTE ]
I can honestly say that I would rather fly non-stop - flying long haul is like running the marathon, you pace yourself, and after so long it really makes no difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me getting on the plane is 1/2 the fun of going somewhere (maybe even more)...so I make as much of the flying experience as I can. If I'm lucky enough to score a seat upfront,
wink.gif
I'm happy to take that LAX-LHR or LAX-AMS nonstop, if not, I want to break it up a little.

I'm running a marathon soon, too, though I hope not to have to stop at any point along the route.
smirk.gif

How about the direct, non-stop from New York to Johannesburg flight?

I remember that flight being just over 18 straight hours. Maybe they stopped it, not too sure.

I believe they stop on the J'berg - ATL and JFK flights.

While talking about SA - England beat them today in the Rugby!! It looks like England could take the cup!! Exciting stuff depending on how it pans out - I might have to go to the final.

Back