Workout Supplements?

lapilot

Does anyone know if taking workout supplements can mess up a drug test for a medical? I am taking Hydroxycut (ephedra free) and am wondering if this will have any kind of adverse affect. Just thought I would rather be safe than sorry!

I think Hydrocut won't be a problem. I'd call an AME and just ask them. Workout supplements aren't against the law, but they'd be able to tell you what would show up and what wouldn't.

Good luck!!

R2F

The medical app asks if you're taking any medication since supplements are classified by the FDA as dietary supplements (i.e. food). You wouldn't have to report that you're using them. I mean it's basically the same as taking a vitamin every morning.

My two cents.

Naunga

[ QUOTE ]
The medical app asks if you're taking any medication since supplements are classified by the FDA as dietary supplements (i.e. food). You wouldn't have to report that you're using them. I mean it's basically the same as taking a vitamin every morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

The drug testing sheet asks no such question. as for what meds you are on. I thought it was a little odd to say the least. Of couse it may be lab specific but since it is a DOT requirement I would have hoped for a standard..

I'm not sure Eagle, but if I read you're post right we may actually agree on something.
tongue.gif

Then again maybe not.

Oh, and did you really expect a standard from the government? Please.

Naunga

Back