Workers attack Air France managers, forcing them to flee

The French are good people.

Just don't go to Paris in the middle of tourist season wanting to bark out "Can I get a refill on muh COKE" because, at the end of the day, if it wouldn't work in NYC in French, it sure in the hell isn't going to work in Paris in English.

Must be all that pent up aggression after handing Paris over to Hitler with a back-massage in WWII. :)

Well, I know it'll be an unpopular statement as we've seen in the past, but US carriers are under the same mounting pressure from the state-sponsored MEC's.
I agree, it's sort of like Global Warming. You can show me little facts and statistics here and there that can partially support a claim otherwise, but looking at the big picture, there is no way one can deny long haul from all the Western carriers is taking a massive hit from the ability of the likes of Norweigan and Emirates to lure people in with fares that the likes of United, American, Lufthansa, Air France, ect could never compete with. People can argue back and fourth all day about what should be allowed and where regulators should or shouldn't step in, but no doubt national carriers of countries obligated to pay fair wages are taking a huge and ever-growing hit from all this. Hell, my girlfriend just showed me Oakland to Stockholm on NAS ROUNDTRIP for $323 after tax. For lack of a better term, that is retarded.

On a similar note, I was reading today that Qantas is in talks with Emirates(whom they partner with) to possibly deploy 787s on Dubai-Europe routes with a full codeshare with Emirates to get around restrictions imposed on the ME3 by the EU. Germany says EK can't start a new route, only add existing frequencies? Cool. Qantas, however, can fly Dubai-Berlin filling every last seat with Emirates pax connecting from Egypt, Thailand, Iraq, ect.

Last edited:
Back