Word on the street is OVER HALF the Instructors in OKC quit?

GnW

Just what I heard. Had to do with the Raytheon switch. Can anyone confirm this? :panic:

Re: Word on the street is OVER HALF the Instructors in OKC q

Just what I heard. Had to do with the Raytheon switch. Can anyone confirm this? :panic:

I work there, but I'm not aware of this. I don't think all instructors here work for Raytheon. I think some are still being subcontracted out to WCG.

you should quit listening to everything you hear

I work there, but I'm not aware of this. I don't think all instructors here work for Raytheon. I think some are still being subcontracted out to WCG.

All of our WCG guys are terminated on the 9th.

myself included.

Raytheon won the contract for training with the FAA... this includes everyone from the instructors at OKC to the contract instructors at facilities, etc. Everyone that worked for OU, WCG, or any other contractor that provided training had to be rehired by Raytheon. Some positions have been eliminated or saw reduced staffing. Raytheon is offering all instructors a minumum of a $5.00 an hour cut in pay, this roughly adds up to a 10K a year pay cut. From what I have seen at my facility many are walking...

Raytheon won the contract for training with the FAA... this includes everyone from the instructors at OKC to the contract instructors at facilities, etc. Everyone that worked for OU, WCG, or any other contractor that provided training had to be rehired by Raytheon. Some positions have been eliminated or saw reduced staffing. Raytheon is offering all instructors a minumum of a $5.00 an hour cut in pay, this roughly adds up to a 10K a year pay cut. From what I have seen at my facility many are walking...

yeah, im well aware of the circumstances surrounding the rumor, as i'm one of the employees under the lockheed subcontract. we're being picked up by DSI/Exodyne (ZBW/Washington Center). the rumor around the office was that most of the instructors in OKC were getting a #### deal (switched to salary and not able to collect overtime) and quitting. i dont think the WCG training staff at facilities is getting the same deal. but they might. i know a number of them have stated they will be walking out the door if this happens.

i cant see post #3 :confused:

i hope it's not important
ughmamorubluea.gif

crossjerk.gif

Spectacular. . .another great out-sourcing job done by the FAA.

Who's next?

the rumor around the office was that most of the instructors in OKC were getting a #### deal (switched to salary and not able to collect overtime) and quitting.

Not a rumor. That is in fact true. I don't know about the quitting part, but it wouldn't surprise me. These guys don't need that kind of treatment. They're already drawing pensions. Most just have crash pads here in OKC and go back home as often as they can. they're only working here long enough to pay off bills or get their kids through college. At $70K a year, they don't need to hang around long. And certainly not if they don't even get time and a half for overtime.

This is roughly the same thing I've heard, as I have a contact that works at SLC TRACON as an instructor under WCG and has not received (along with everyone he works with) a contract offer from Raytheon.

I was told by my source (who heard it through the grapevine) that instructors at Cleveland Center rejected the initial offer made by Raytheon, and that many more instructors from other facilities around the country have not received their offers.

Given the precarious situation and what information my source has heard, every instructor is not happy about the pay cut and is considering walking out if the pay is drastically reduced in an offer. I heard it was a $5/hour cut.

This is roughly the same thing I've heard, as I have a contact that works at SLC TRACON as an instructor under WCG and has not received (along with everyone he works with) a contract offer from Raytheon.

I was told by my source (who heard it through the grapevine) that instructors at Cleveland Center rejected the initial offer made by Raytheon, and that many more instructors from other facilities around the country have not received their offers.

Given the precarious situation and what information my source has heard, every instructor is not happy about the pay cut and is considering walking out if the pay is drastically reduced in an offer. I heard it was a $5/hour cut.

i work directly with instructors at my facility. about half of them have said they would be out the door if the pay got cut. from what i've heard, at least at my facility, it didnt happen and they're all still on board. then again, we're DSI and not Raytheon (one of 3 centers). Drug tests are on Tuesday :hiya:

rumor control. T or F?? anyone currently at the academy and experiencing the shortage of instructors?

rumor control. T or F?? anyone currently at the academy and experiencing the shortage of instructors?

my best guess would be that they're all on til the 9th anyways... still under the old contract until then.

really? just fired!? wow, sorry.

well the new company assures me i was on the list for re-hire. but they sent my offer-letter to the apartment i lived at 6 months ago. they then assured me they would get me one to the correct address by saturday. didnt happen. im scared to look this morning :(

My wife works for WCG doing training at an approach control... they were all "let go" as of the 9th but all received hiring packages to be employed by Raytheon at the same exact wage and benefits.

Back