Won't someone please think of the Boomers?

Boris Badenov

This is no laughing matter.

I mean, fair point, the wheels do seem to be coming off the wagon, but while it starts out as a slightly splashy and sexed-up version of a fundamental truth, it's pretty fun to watch it turn in to the sort of spittle-flecked, denture-damaging screed we've all heard on at least one jumpseat.

I'll give dollars to donuts that there's something on the cutting-room floor about minority hiring "quotas".

I mean, fair point, the wheels do seem to be coming off the wagon, but while it starts out as a slightly splashy and sexed-up version of a fundamental truth, it's pretty fun to watch it turn in to the sort of spittle-flecked, denture-damaging screed we've all heard on at least one jumpseat.

I'll give dollars to donuts that there's something on the cutting-room floor about minority hiring "quotas".

sigh. No one wants to work anymore. Someone tell them to pull themselves up by the boot strings and suck it up!

Mmmm nothing like some NY Post and rambling word salad for breakfast. Hitting some solid Boomer talking points, wokeism, 9/11, rose colored nostalgia. Yawn.

Most def. Also something about kneeling football players causing delays or something too.

I love the minority quota topic.

*looks around crew room at a bunch of white males

*looks across the pedestal at one white male captain after another

This guys is a riot. A whole diatribe about how humans make mistakes under pressure, then in closing: I’m at my best under pressure!

*looks across the pedestal at one white male captain after another

I've spent the majority of the last two months flying with a black (Haitian, as it happens) C/A. Great guy, VERY knowledgeable. And holy hell, talk about pulling onesself up. He showed up in the US not speaking a lick of English. Can you imagine?

But he does kinda stand out. Like when I show up in the bullpen, it's not super hard to figure out where he's sitting. Then he hits the bunk and you wind up talking to the R/O and while they're very complimentary about him (because he's good at his job and they're not horrible, explicitly racist dudes), at least some of them immediately segue in to some version of the stuff in the article. And you can't help but think "Uh, I don't think you'd be saying this stuff to El Capitan".

I think my views on "race" are fairly well-known at this point, and I think it would be fair to characterize me as "anti-woke". But Jesus Christ, there's a lot of daylight between being "anti-woke" and "pro-casual-racism". Or so it seems to me.

In any case, $1 will get you $100 that whatever guy wrote that thing wears New Balance.

A1AED4FF-F9AC-45C3-9DA8-F39940303393.jpeg

Someone else had a meme that said something to the effect of “a cockpit is just a safe place for suburban white men.”

The pressure is real. There’s pressure to fly when you’re tired. I have to check a box that says I’m fit to fly at the start of every flight. Thirty minutes later that could change. But when I check that box everything that’s legal comes on my shoulders. The company becomes exempt from how I perform from that point on.
This jumped out at me… I kind of don’t know what to say to reply to this

Someone else had a meme that said something to the effect of “a cockpit is just a safe place for suburban white men.”

Our newhire class pics are somewhat more diverse than that. Like, representative of the population at large? Definitely not. But it's not like a Meth U. class picture, either.

Middle bottom guy is going to be a Problem at some point. Can't be sure where or when, but he's going to be known to Pro Standards, mark my words.

Our newhire class pics are somewhat more diverse than that. Like, representative of the population at large? Definitely not. But it's not like a Meth U. class picture, either.

Middle bottom guy is going to be a Problem at some point. Can't be sure where or when, but he's going to be known to Pro Standards, mark my words.
Yeah, he’s the guy that’ll be stealing catalytic converters on overnights. Good chance he married his sister or first cousin as well.

Well, if the Airlines are too Woke and Diverse for you what with BLM pins and rainbow lanyards you can always retreat to the lily white paradise that is 135. Bonus, none of that pesky egalitarian union or seniority garbage! It’s the management ass kissing er merit-based utopia any self respecting boomer craves!

Last edited:
Back