Wondering if I should change my major

Ditto with everyone else.

The economy right now is an eye-opener and is exactly why those of us with aviation degrees should have gone a different route.

For the love of whoever and yourself, do NOT go into high debt. Debt is killing me right now and cannot hold a normal life.

Try to stay in-state where you will not be paying for out-of-state tuition. Even if you pay out-of-state for one year, it is A LOT of money.

Pay-as-you-go is definitely the right type of approach. UND is a nice school but should not be your first choice in these times. Think with your brain and do not get convinced by the nice brochures they send you. Keep in mind the economy can and will go down the drain again in the future and it'll suck to be like me with a big load of debt and a crap job.

i'm ditto'ing the ditto.

of course, hindsight is 20/20... and when me and angel first signed up... kids were getting hired at 250 hours into the jets and regionals as fast as the school could crank them out.

there was no real way to predict it... but damn are we suffering the short end of the stick.

I currently go to UND and am one semester in and I was planning on Commercial Aviation. As proven by the financial aid department in its mediocracy there is no option for me to secure the funds needed to fly since I have no credit worthy cosigner. Does anyone know of any student loan agencies that a person can get without a cosigner?

I am also seeing a lot of people on here suggesting majoring in a more stable degree. So that thought has gone across my head with the idea of getting my ratings at an FBO if I have to finance it out of my pocket. Does this sound like a better idea anyways? Does anyone know if getting your PPL is cheaper at GF flight support?

I just feel like I am about ready to pull the plug while I still can and maybe even go to a school that has a more desirable atmosphere.

Go with your gut, pull the plug on the flight degree NOW. If you make flying your only option in life, you will end up hating it.

So what'd you end up doing, challenger?

I am knocking out generals this semester and deciding from there. It will also be good because I can buy a laptop and not have to put money into UND's invisible paper shreader known as the laptop program.

To me it is becoming ever evident that it is probably smarter to get my ratings at an FBO for cheaper. I also have an interest in military aviation so I may just get my PPL and hope that I can get a pilot slot.

Back