Woman wanting to be FA to travel

RICHARD5

Please see my thread under, Job Needed.

Thank you.

EDIT: Shown below is copy & paste from the Job Needed thread:

A friend's daughter is 21 yrs old, just graduated with a BS degree, pre-med, wants to take a year off to travel. She is 6'1", fluent in English, Spanish, and French.

She is thinking of being a FA to facilitate her travels. To what airlines should I direct this bright kid with no prior experience? I do not know her employment history.

Thank you for any serious response.

I hear Continental is hiring FAs. I believe Delta is also. Those would be the only ones I would think might take someone of her height.

In an interview, avoid telling the interviewer that you "love to travel", or just want the job to be able to travel around. They're not hiring travel people, they're hiring customer service & safety personnel. The focus should be on customer service, and the desire to assist and help people.

Her language skills will be a very strong point in helping her get hired, does she have any front-line customer service experience? Retail, restaurant, hotel, etc? They look for a positive attitude, good people skills, customer service experience and a SMILE throughout the interview process.

Her height will limit her options, only majors will hire someone that height, and those jobs are incredibly competitive. But she has nothing to lose by sending in those apps, and trying. An ASA publication by Becky Bock, "Welcome Aboard: Your Career as a Fight Attendant" is a really great interview prep book. And if she is successful in the interview, my book "Essential Guide to Fight Attendant School" is a good resource of into about the F/A training process.

US Airways and Continental should be hiring. Atlas should be hiring for their 747-400 flights to Angola and the DOD flights. Omni is having open houses in August, North American was recruiting as was JetBlue.

Back