Woman Smokes Cigarette on Plane, Punches Flight Attendant

Re: Woman Smokes Cigarette on Plane, Punches Flight Attendan

well, that'll teach her to get addicted to tobacco....

:D

You know, this wouldn't happen if they would put smoking lounges in every airport. :yup:

Oh HELL no, I could just imagine...

*Flight Attendant Chime*

"Hey, could you wake up Doug, his break is up"

"Ok!"

"Doug, time to go back to the cockpit"

"Zzzzz..."

"Doug, time to go back to work..."

"Zzzzz...."

*ZOT! ZOT! ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!*

"Don't taze me bro!"

Funniest thing I have ever hear/saw on tv!:laff:

szele.jpg

A packed JetBlue plane flying from New York to San Francisco had to make an emergency landing after a woman flipped out and allegedly punched a flight attendant. The passenger, 35-year-old Christina Szele of Queens, flew into a rage after a member of the crew asked her to put out a cigarette she lit up mid-flight. Szele, a white woman, began cursing and screaming racial epithets at an African-American flight attendant after he plucked the cigarette from her mouth, according to an affidavit filed in the case.
After her outburst, Szele was placed in restraints, but she managed to escape her plastic handcuffs and punch the flight attendant in the face. That's when pilots decided to bring the plane down in Denver in order to throw Szele off the flight.
Now the angry Queens nicotine fiend faces federal charges and up to 20 years in jail. Note to Szele: Cigarettes are pretty tough to come by in prison!

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2008/6/19/162518/511/travel/Nicotine+Fiend+Flips+out+on+JetBlue

That's going to be one pricey smoke.

Airlines do file charges for damages when they divert and land short of their destination to drop yo badass off.

Coupled with the legal expenses, time away from work (if she's still got a job left because of the publicity) and charges for the diversion to Denver, man, Nicorette might have been much more pleasant.

WOw! Scary b-atch!!!!! Prison will suit her just fine. Find herself a nice bacco chewin girlfriend in there.........:crazy:

Broke though the flexicuffs? Crikey what was she on?!

Why do people think it's okay to act like that on a plane........... :(
Fear..................

...........and crack.

Broke though the flexicuffs? Crikey what was she on?!

Why do people think it's okay to act like that on a plane........... :(
They probably did not put them on her tight enough. I wouldn't be surprised if broke-through really meant 'got out of'. Theres no way you can break through flexcuffs unless you're really really strong. The tensile strength of them are rather amazing.

Additionally, it is rather hard to put a pair of flexicuffs on someone who is fighting back which may have exacerbated the situation if she was.

They probably did not put them on her tight enough. I wouldn't be surprised if broke-through really meant 'got out of'. Theres no way you can break through flexcuffs unless you're really really strong. The tensile strength of them are rather amazing.

Additionally, it is rather hard to put a pair of flexicuffs on someone who is fighting back which may have exacerbated the situation if she was.

Yeah, AA F/As were issued a pair of flexicuffs to keep in our kit bags as "required equipment" after 9/11. I remember them being VERY thick plastic material, and the thought of actually breaking them is just wild! You are right that trying to get them on tightly enough on a flailing, combative person would be difficult.

Were you ever given training on how to apply them? They're actually kind of difficult to use. Too lose and someone can get out and too tight and you actually may hurt them and cause paralysis in their hands (which is probably a liability concern.)

Hmm, I'm trying to remember the "training" we got about those.....

I was furloughed almost immediately after 9/11, so I would have gotten mine during my recall class. I think I remember a video demonstration on how to use them, but it wasn't very indepth.

*disclaimer: the recall class I'm talking about occurred in March of 2002. It's been a few years, and the memory isn't what it used to be.......

Back