With the new violations the feds are handing out like candy

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
How do you know if you're on the short list to get busted?

Let's say you blow through a heading, correct and ATC says nothing, or blow through an altitude, or something similar? If ATC doesn't say anything, could you still get nailed because it's not on the tapes? I read that article again about the violation frenzy that they're all up in arms about, and I was wondering what happens if nothing is said?

-Pat

Re: With the new violations the feds are handing out like ca

Yes you could, FAA management has the ability to review the tapes at any time and they have a habit of not only violating you the pilot but the ATC (DEAL) for not reporting it if they do overhear a "violation."

Yes you could, FAA management has the ability to review the tapes at any time and they have a habit of not only violating you the pilot but the ATC (DEAL) for not reporting it if they do overhear a "violation."

Wow, that sucks, so you could literally not even know why, and a letter with a big FU stamped on the front of it shows up in the mail? I grossly underestimated the seriousness of this.

I'll move it to the "Ask a Controller" section, might get an interesting angle on it!

Wow, that sucks, so you could literally not even know why, and a letter with a big FU stamped on the front of it shows up in the mail? I grossly underestimated the seriousness of this.

It's FAA but the meaning is the same ;)

I'll move it to the "Ask a Controller" section, might get an interesting angle on it!

Controllers are in the same boat as the pilots. They are being busted "after the fact" for minor infractions they were not aware of that had no impact on the safety of the operation. No mistakes allowed period.

Washington is filled with people who can neither separate airplanes nor fly them telling those who can how they should do it. Hang on...it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Chris

Controllers are in the same boat as the pilots. They are being busted "after the fact" for minor infractions they were not aware of that had no impact on the safety of the operation. No mistakes allowed period.

Chris

So what happens when you guys get busted? Fired? Probation?

So how exactly does this work? I am in the process of getting my IR rating and by no means am I perfect, as it appears the FAA would like me to be. Say for instance the controller issues me an altitude of 4000 feet, I begin to set up for the approach and I hit an updraft and end up 300 feet high, I notice when I look back at the instruments and correct it. Or what if my DG has processed a bit and when issued a heading I turn to it, according to the dg, then notice I am off ten degrees to the compass so I correct. I know they are both errors of my own making, and I have to minimize them as much as possible, but can I still get a mark against my license?

So how exactly does this work? I am in the process of getting my IR rating and by no means am I perfect, as it appears the FAA would like me to be. Say for instance the controller issues me an altitude of 4000 feet, I begin to set up for the approach and I hit an updraft and end up 300 feet high, I notice when I look back at the instruments and correct it. Or what if my DG has processed a bit and when issued a heading I turn to it, according to the dg, then notice I am off ten degrees to the compass so I correct. I know they are both errors of my own making, and I have to minimize them as much as possible, but can I still get a mark against my license?

your CFII gets busted.

your CFII gets busted.

They realize nobody is perfect right? I know that the CFII's job is to keep students legal and safe in active environment but they cant control everything students do. I don't see what they hope to prove with this.

Dang! I've called myself out for things in the past, just because I'm a nice guy and all...
No more of that.

Never ever ever admit anything ever on the radio.

Pilots have it easy. No offense.

Hear about the RNO thing? From what I've gathered, an airplane had to make an emergency landing after takeoff and could only make a "closed" runway. The controller cleared him to land on it and I don't know what happened after that other than he landed on it. Controller apparently got some type of spanking because he cleared him to land as opposed to saying "landing will be at your own risk.." blah blah. Crock of crap.

Anyways, they will find whatever they can to punish controllers so if a controller were to report something and try to violate you...guess what? They review the tapes and find out that the controller didn't say something the right way and now they have their own problem to deal with. Maybe the pilot didn't have the altimeter. That's what caused it...yep.

They'll get the controllers first. Wouldn't worry too much.

No one gets to make a mistake, no sirree.

Unless you are the boss of Fannie Mae, and have run the largest corporation that ever existed into bankruptcy, and perched the entire world on the brink of financial catastrophe. Then you retire with a multi-million-dollar bonus.

No sirree, no mistakes. After all, lives are at stake.

" *** confirm altitude and heading ""Sorry just hit a little bit of turbulence ..."Enough said....problem solved...I can't even fathom with the amount of training that goes on in certain parts of the country that this policy is even enforcable. Goes to show you, "I am from the FAA, and I am here to help"...my ass...as Judge Judy says "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!"

Cant you just fill out the nasa form or does that have to be done at the time of violation.

So what happens when you guys get busted? Fired? Probation?

Depends on how frequently you get busted. Anywhere from a letter in your file to a few days suspension to being fired.

Back