With 300th delivery, Airbus beats Boeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...who knew my sentiments would be so popular?!??! hahaha

anyhow my best friend and roomate's dad is a A320 driver for NWA. He loves the plane completely but complains about the level of automation. This may be rediculous but ever since that Airbus demo in the 80s when the automation forced it into the ground, I have never been a fan. I have ridden on them before and they are comfortable, but I would prefer to fly on a Boeing craft. I think that is why there is such anti sentiment about Airbus. Being a pilot board, more folks that fly prefer Boeing as the pilot has final authority on the flying of the aircraft...not a computer.... just my .02
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Amen Brother!

(This amen is neither an endorsement of religion, nor is this disclaimer a disavowment of religion, just covering my bases)
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA... I GOTCHA
wink.gif
glad to have the support!
cool.gif

I don't really care anymore honestly. I would love to fly either for the right work rules and pay. Each has their benefits and drawbacks. I must say that looking at the Singapore Airlines and Emirates Web sites, I was impressed with the A340s. That would be a great aircraft to fly. But really it comes down to dollars and days off for the pilots, and on-time performance and ammenities for the passengers...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people here are sooooo anti-Airbus...
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well me personally I am not a really huge fan of the "side stick" or "joystick" which ever you prefer.

Secondly I don't much care of all the automation in the Airbus aircraft. The Boeing 777 is a FBW aircraft but unlike the Airbus the pilot has the final say when it comes to daily operation of the aircraft.

Lastly I really find all Airbus aircraft with the clear exception of the entire A320 family to be very ugly aircraft.

Where as all Boeing aircraft are especially attractive and sexy looking aircraft. More especially the 757,777 and the 7E7.

Just my 02 cents.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people here are sooooo anti-Airbus...
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well me personally I am not a really huge fan of the "side stick" or "joystick" which ever you prefer.

Secondly I don't much care of all the automation in the Airbus aircraft. The Boeing 777 is a FBW aircraft but unlike the Airbus the pilot has the final say when it comes to daily operation of the aircraft.

Lastly I really find all Airbus aircraft with the clear exception of the entire A320 family to be very ugly aircraft.

Where as all Boeing aircraft are especially attractive and sexy looking aircraft. More especially the 757,777 and the 7E7.

Just my 02 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

....And yes I would fly right seat ona Airbus ina heartbeat. For the likes of America West of maybe Jetblue or United or anyone who hired me but preferable HP.

Matthew

Now where do you get the cramped up 777 from? The folks getting to enjoy the amenities on the A380 are going to be the folks who pay first class and business class fares, and the 777 is very comfortable in even business class.

The folks in the cattle car section are going to be squished no matter what the airplane is.

Also, it's completely up to the airline to decide what amenities to put in there. For example, a 737 can look like this if you want.
pop_010105_3b.jpg

Or this.

pop_010107_1b.jpg

I still stand by my assertion that most passengers don't care what kind of airplane they fly. Joe Businessman cares about schedule, and Aunt Bessie cares about price.

I'll bet you that if you go to the airport today, and ask people who are leaving the gates what kind of airplane they flew, most of them wouldn't know.

A few of the airlines that have odered the aircraft have already expressed that they plan on having a luxurious configuration.. Qantas, and Virgin Atlantic come to mind....

I think we will see every airline becoming sooo competitive, in the end it will come to who offers the most for the best price....Just look at next year with the several LCC's starting up in the U.S. If they are all going to charge the same price in fares, for the customer it's going to be who offers the most. And the airlines will then try to improve customer service as a means to keep and attract customers.

The A380 will still offer it's passengers more than the 777 at least in first and business.

I agree that the average person doesn't care or even know anything about the aircraft they are fly on, but if they have a choice in comfort and service then the airline which offers the most is more likely to be the winner.

Actually I have heard joe blow average flier request a certain aircraft type.

Everett's mom and dad last summer were going to London and specifically asked me to book them only ina 777 or a 767-400.

Why because they said that the first class seating in those planes were simply the best ever.

Also they really enjoyed the screens in the back of the seats.

And trust me these people are as average a flier as any.

Now when I book a flight I specifically ask what type of equipment for all segments of the flight.

But then I'ma nut.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
...Why because they said that the first class seating in those planes were simply the best ever.

Also they really enjoyed the screens in the back of the seats.

And trust me these people are as average a flier as any...
Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]
"Average flier" buying first class seats to Europe? (Even if it is "just" London.) Hardly "average" I'd say. Unless I'm just hanging with the wrong types of doctors and lawyers, maybe.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Airbus Blows...

[/ QUOTE ]

I fourth that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a F100 in your Avatar?
smirk.gif
That's not American.

I used to think that things were not even because of the subsidies for AIrbus. But after seeing Boeing monpolize the defense marker and buying out everyone, I don't have that much sympathy for them.

I think Boeing airliners are cooler (except the A330 is nice!) but I don't hate Airbus.

Mahesh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Airbus Blows...

[/ QUOTE ]

I fourth that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a F100 in your Avatar?
smirk.gif
That's not American.

I used to think that things were not even because of the subsidies for AIrbus. But after seeing Boeing monpolize the defense marker and buying out everyone, I don't have that much sympathy for them.

I think Boeing airliners are cooler (except the A330 is nice!) but I don't hate Airbus.

Mahesh

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope that is an MD-82 or similar check out the eyebrow windows in the pic.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]

anyhow my best friend and roomate's dad is a A320 driver for NWA. He loves the plane completely but complains about the level of automation. This may be rediculous but ever since that Airbus demo in the 80s when the automation forced it into the ground, I have never been a fan. I have ridden on them before and they are comfortable, but I would prefer to fly on a Boeing craft. I think that is why there is such anti sentiment about Airbus. Being a pilot board, more folks that fly prefer Boeing as the pilot has final authority on the flying of the aircraft...not a computer.... just my .02
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Airbus blows? Like to see you same people turn down the Airbus job; especially those whose are now in 152s and PA-38s looking to move to the airlines. You'd all be eating crow and singing a different tune then.

Many people don't care for FBW, but it's the future, especially for military. I'm enjoying the last of the stick-and-rudder attack aircraft in the inventory, but even I'm being dragged into the world of computers.

MD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Airbus blows? Like to see you same people turn down the Airbus job; especially those whose are now in 152s and PA-38s looking to move to the airlines. You'd all be eating crow and singing a different tune then.

Many people don't care for FBW, but it's the future, especially for military. I'm enjoying the last of the stick-and-rudder attack aircraft in the inventory, but even I'm being dragged into the world of computers.

MD

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have no problem flying for an Airbus for a major. My preference however lies with Boeing. If it is my job though and my livelihood is at stake, your damn right i wouldnt complain one bit about flying an Airbus
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

MD

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have no problem flying for an Airbus for a major. My preference however lies with Boeing. If it is my job though and my livelihood is at stake, your damn right i wouldnt complain one bit about flying an Airbus
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. Just checking. If you prefer Boeing, so do many. But sometimes I wonder whether those that choose Boeing, and those that choose Airbus, are both choosing them purely out of American or European pride, rather than really getting down and comparing the two products. That really does go for both sides. Preferences is one thing, and that's fine for this and that; but have two comparable products from each company REALLY been lined up and compared?

And I always though Jetcareers was better then Airliners.net!!!! I thought we were professional not 16 year old kids that love the phallic resemblance of a 757. I thought we were above the dramas of side stick, joy stick, stick between your legs, and were people who were going to stick with it till they made it. I thought we were above all the bad mouthing and pety discussing about advance systems we do not understand - and just want to hear from professionals who could imform us about those systems and listen to what they say! I thought we were not global marketing experts just wanting to market ourselves to the next level.

I am going to close this discussion - if you want to moan about it to Doug, he is probably on Flight Sim - DOH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back