Wintery Woes...

ERAU_Intern

Arg....... It seems this morning is the beginning to yet another day of students sleeping in, no-showing, and generally complaining about the wind, cold temperatures, and other such nonsense. If they only knew. Any ideas of how to pass the time, "FBO style?"

Signed,

Grounded CFI

I feel your pain.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I feel your pain.
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it is actually so cold here that I don't want to fly. Kind of nice since the school won't let us fly when it is below -25 F.

We are going here in ND of a subzero temps since monday afternoon. It sucks!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, it is actually so cold here that I don't want to fly. Kind of nice since the school won't let us fly when it is below -25 F.

We are going here in ND of a subzero temps since monday afternoon. It sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, man! Come down to Ohio, todays high of 7 F will feel tropical to you! Now for the rest of the day, every time I start to complain about the cold, I'm going to think of you all up there in ND instead.
shocked.gif

Edit: In response to the original post, I tried to come up with a comical "101 Things for a Bored CFI To Do" list once. I'll have to hunt around for it. I didn't quite get to 101 before I gave up- maybe 25, lol.

[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap, man! Come down to Ohio, todays high of 7 F will feel tropical to you! Now for the rest of the day, every time I start to complain about the cold, I'm going to think of you all up there in ND instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the biggest part sucks about this, half the town needs a jump. Yesterday my roommate couldn't even get triple A over because they stopped responding to calls in the Grand Forks area. I tried to jump him, but his car is long gone. It needs a tow or temps to rise above 0.

All my classes are half full because nobody wants to go to class. The only reason I go, I have nothing else to do.

Guess it's good to know I am not alone in frozen boredom. By the way, I used to live in Minot ND myself! I trained at a place called Pietch flying. Boy were those the days! Oh well, good luck, clear skys, and warm weather to all!

[ QUOTE ]
Guess it's good to know I am not alone in frozen boredom. By the way, I used to live in Minot ND myself! I trained at a place called Pietch flying. Boy were those the days! Oh well, good luck, clear skys, and warm weather to all!

[/ QUOTE ]

What did live in Minot for? Wait, let me guess, AFB?
grin.gif

Anyways, I started my private pilot training at Pietsch in Sept of 99, when were you there?

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, I started my private pilot training at Pietsch in Sept of 99, when were you there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I went to high school in Minot and lived at the AFB. Started flight training at Pietsch in August of '98, and left in April of '99. At the time, Warren Pietsch had the frame of a Waco biplane inside the FBO. I dont know if it ever got completed. Anyhow, is the school still in buisness?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I went to high school in Minot and lived at the AFB. Started flight training at Pietsch in August of '98, and left in April of '99. At the time, Warren Pietsch had the frame of a Waco biplane inside the FBO. I dont know if it ever got completed. Anyhow, is the school still in buisness?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure is. They only have one 172, but it is still going. The Waco has its ailerons, rudder, wings, so the fram is pretty much all done. They just have to put the engine and cover everything.

I am sure you would know some of the same people I know from MHS. I graduated in 2000 but I had a few upperclassman friends.

Yup, you're right, we probablly knew some of the same people. I'm a 2000 grad as well, but i left Minot my Junior year. Such is the life of a military brat. *sigh* Anyhow, glad to hear that the ole' flight school is still around. When I flew there they had a couple of C-150's, a C-170, and some other stuff. Can't really remember all of them. Warren Pietsch had an Aero L-29 Delphin at the time as well. And the aircraft I soloed in was N562GS "Gear Slammer!" Do you remember flying that one by chance?

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, you're right, we probablly knew some of the same people. I'm a 2000 grad as well, but i left Minot my Junior year. Such is the life of a military brat. *sigh* Anyhow, glad to hear that the ole' flight school is still around. When I flew there they had a couple of C-150's, a C-170, and some other stuff. Can't really remember all of them. Warren Pietsch had an Aero L-29 Delphin at the time as well. And the aircraft I soloed in was N562GS "Gear Slammer!" Do you remember flying that one by chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a military girl that I remember from my class named Samantha, very good looking gal, do you know her?

Yeah I flew the "gear slammer" a few times. My first solo was in 18601, but I flew all the 150s they had. I even got a chance to fly one of their mooneys, the one with the missile conversion. Boy that thing was fast.

Ha ha! Right on man! I never got to fly the Mooney but I always thought it looked cool. I even had a sweatshirt with a picture of it embroidered on the left chest. Unfortunately my ex-girlfriend has it now. Arg.

Back