Wings

haree

Hi,

I just happened to hear about wings international flight academy.. San jose.They seemed nice and they also offer accelerated options as well as Direct track internship. Sounds better than the big guns....

Any opinions???

Hey!!!!Is this wings the wings where our dear Ol' Doug was trained???

bye

Nope, I didn't train there, I was only a CFI.

I was a CFI under different management and I really can't vouch for what's going on there with the new management or anything after February 1996!

Not that I'm trying to be negative, but unless I have close and personal experience with a particular program, I don't want to my previous association to stand as an endorsement!

Heyy

Thats the fastest reply i've ever seen....

Anyway i found it out doug. They have a link on their website. It says "Delta Pilot and former Wings Flight Instructor's Homepage "

Those guys still remember you!!!

Anyway i find it good in two ways..

1. They somewhat guarentee a job.

2. I have my aunt and my grand-uncle somewhere around san-jose.

Anybody knows about Wings after Feb 1996???

Thanks again Doug o leader!!!

Gr8 catching yu live.
smile.gif
Thank you for this great website

Heyy

Thats the fastest reply i've ever seen....

Anyway i found it out doug. They have a link on their website. It says "Delta Pilot and former Wings Flight Instructor's Homepage "

Those guys still remember you!!!

Anyway i find it good in two ways..

1. They somewhat guarentee a job.

2. I have my aunt and my grand-uncle somewhere around san-jose.

Anybody knows about Wings after Feb 1996???

Thanks again Doug o leader!!!

Gr8 catching yu live.
smile.gif
Thank you for this great website.

P.S My aunt claims she saw the "Website Fellow" pilot when she was flying to Dallas. Not sure wheter it was u

Nah, I'm just doing a complete clean re-install of Win XP on my desktop so I'm sitting in front of Kristie's desktop computer in the office wasting some time!

I went there last year, and the place is kinda shady. I didn't know it then, but after going to another school after I got my PPL at Wings, I began to realize how shotty the work is done there. For example, my instructor was not paid at all. The owner of the school said he would let the guy be an instructor for the hours, but not pay him. The mechanic was hit or miss - sometimes a great mood, sometimes a bad mood. They would occasionally take landing lights that were burnt out on one plane and swap them out on another plane. They wanted all the money up front and I the chief instructor was so unreliable that I had to switch from part 141 to part 61 because he would never show up for my stage checks. In retrospect, I prolly would not have gone there, but I can't knock the instruction I got... my instructor was a good guy, just the owner, the planes, and the professionalism there is kinda lacking. Hope that helps...

Sean

Back