Wings program

it is a pilot proficiency program which can be done instead of a biannual flight review. there are like 20 different phases you can do. after you complete a phase you are given a pair of "wings" showing that you completed the phase. you get a different pair of wings each time you complete a phase. this is for the first ten phases. after that, you just get a certificate of completion for each phase. you must wait twelve months to start the next phase after you complete one. to complete the first phase, you must recieve one hour of flight training that includes basic ppl maneuvers, one hour of landings to include short/soft t/o and landings, croswind t/o- landings, normal approaches, and one hour of basic instrument training. flight instructors can recieve their wings by putting three students through the program successfully. flight instructors do not need to wait twelve months to put students through different phases. i busted my initial cfi because i didn't know every aspect of this program
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i busted my initial cfi because i didn't know every aspect of this program
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's lame.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i busted my initial cfi because i didn't know every aspect of this program
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I'd love to have the name of that dip• examiner. Give him/her a MikeD special kick in the ass for that one.

Hell yeah thats lame. Shoot, I still have to look up info. on that program when I have a student that wants to do it.

Guys, you will lose that one. It's mentioned in the new PTS. The Pilot Proficiency Program is now mandatory knowledge for the CFI Oral.

The FAA is serious about that program and is insisting that all new CFIs are fully aware of its workings.

Hmm...must be since I got my CFI. It wasn't mentioned once...not one single time...during my CFI training. I know about it now though, since I've put a few people through it. I think its a better program than the usual BFR's.

i was pretty pissed. my flight partner went to him a week before me and the guy never even asked him about it. worse yet, when he asked me what it was i gave him the correct answer. i just couldn't go into enough detail about it. i feel that if an examiner is going to bust you on something, he should at least ask everyone. if it's important enough to bust on, then he should make sure all applicants know it.

I agree! It needs to get out to the CFIs. I think it should be mentioned in the 14 CFRs too. Not sure why it isn't. Probably some liability issue.

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, you will lose that one. It's mentioned in the new PTS. The Pilot Proficiency Program is now mandatory knowledge for the CFI Oral.

The FAA is serious about that program and is insisting that all new CFIs are fully aware of its workings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but could you point out where in the current PTS that it says that?

Dave

my point exactly! it's not in my PTS. i've been told many times that "if it's not in the PTS they can't bust you". NOT TRUE. technically their not supposed to but they can do whatever they want.

I just finished CFI ground school recently and I've never heard of it and if its not in the PTS how can it be testable? is the an AC that mandates it? if not I'd call the FSDO and check into it. Sounds like some personal "ism" .

[ QUOTE ]
No I can't because it is not released yet
smile.gif

I misspoke if I said it was already out - sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware that they were releasing another version of the PTS... The most current one is dated August 2002. Wasn't it's previous version from 1996 or something like that?

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
NOT TRUE. technically their not supposed to but they can do whatever they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why most dip• DEs and fed examiners need a kick in the ass.

Back