Winds at 58kts... Below 3000'AGL

i posted pics here somewhere, but we had 65kts probably 5 weeks ago all the way from DLH to GFK :(

Hmm, I meant to keep my wx for that day but I believe the forecast was winds at 170/5 until 8am, and then 160/15G25 until about 3pm. At 9am the actual winds were around 160/18 or so, and then at 10am 160/24G32. This is all at KGFK, and if you've never heard of KGFK, you're probably from Embry Riddle. Just kidding, but KGFK is the main airport for UND Aerospace and we consistently have winds in excess of 15-20kts, normally a crosswind of somekind, and maybe 20-30 days a year crosswind in excess of 20kts. Yes, we still fly those days. Right now we're flying in anything that doesn't have icing as we've had a series of about 3 weeks now with low clouds and possible or known icing. It's Novemeber... and we just want to get past it!

when we took off that day it was 22G34, and when we returned it had calmed to 24ish constant. altimeter dropped 0.25 in our 1.5 flight

Um i started flying here in Kansas,and my last cross wind landing was a direct cross wind at 28,its not blowing until its past 30.oh yeah my crab was 45 degrees or so, i was looking out the side window past the flight instructor...and he was white as a ghost;)

Um i started flying here in Kansas,and my last cross wind landing was a direct cross wind at 28,its not blowing until its past 30.oh yeah my crab was 45 degrees or so, i was looking out the side window past the flight instructor...and he was white as a ghost;)

Its a bad windy day, when you have to let the other pilot take the landing bc you can not see the runway from your seat as you roll up on final. Did that last January in ORD it was something like 75kts at 2000 AGL 35G42ish@the surface w/snow on the ground.

Back