Will Lime Diseas Make Me Loose My Medical?

CK

I messed up my knee weight lifting and playing basketball so I had to get it drained. They ran a couple test on it and one of the test showed positive for Lime Disease. They still have to run more test to comfirm I have it and I'll find out Wed. If I do have it are my dreams ruined? I'm really concered about this and it's been bothering me for a couple days now. I don't know what I would do if I do loose my medical and can't get it back, my life would be ruined:(

Re: Will Lime Disease Ruin Make Me Loose My Medical

It's over dude. Your flying. YOur life.... over. Goodbye.

[/sarcasm]
No. It shouldn't end your flying career. Get treated for it and that oughta do it.

Best of luck!
R2F

C-kid, read this. It sounds as though if caught early and treated effectively, you shouldn't have any problems with your medical in the future. Let us know how the results are!

Thanks Pfly, doesn't look like I'll have any problems, if I have it. They did put me on medication for the next 14 days, like that site said. Good thing I messed my knee up, not the kind of thing you want to find out about the bad way.

[ QUOTE ]
Good thing I messed my knee up, not the kind of thing you want to find out about the bad way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Sometimes something will happen (ie busted knee) that get's you really po'd but it leads you to discover something potentially more dangerous. I was going to say 'Lay off the basketball' but, in hindsight, it looks like it did you a favor!

What did you do to your knee? I once tore my ACL but had a new one installed and it's good as new. Are you good at basketball or just a hacker?

Only a 50% chance they will have to amputate so you should be OK.

Ha-ha ... only kidding. Lyme Disease is curable (as opposed to being treatable) .... I don't know of any curable illnesses that you can lose your medical over. Anybody able to prove me wrong (and no, a heart transplant does not cure your heart disease)!

Just out of curiosity ESF, did I say something to tick you off? Cause you seem to be following me around and subtly antagonizing me
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what I would do if I do loose my medical and can't get it back, my life would be ruined:(

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good reason to have other interests.

[ QUOTE ]

This is a good reason to have other interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have other interest, just nothing I could make a living out of.

[ QUOTE ]
What did you do to your knee? I once tore my ACL but had a new one installed and it's good as new. [ QUOTE ]

There's a pouch behind your knee cap that I bust. Had water on the knee and they drained 2 ounces of fluid from it.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you good at basketball or just a hacker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty good, I did start for J/V, not really saying much though because we suck.

JV hun...

Are you a freshman? That ain't bad for a freshman. A kid from my youth group starts for the JV for a big high school....he's a 10th grader. I love going to watch his games cause I've played ball with him since he was 12.

Good luck with the knee. I had major surgery a little over a year ago on mine and my PT told me not to play basketball for a year. I cheated some cause the knee seemed strong right away...never had any problems.

Re: JV hun...

After they amputate it, you can just use your one foot on both rudders!
grin.gif
Joke, hope all goes well for you with that, your a good egg. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Re: JV hun...

[ QUOTE ]
After they amputate it, you can just use your one foot on both rudders!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but braking in a straight line is a bugger.
grin.gif

The solution to the problem should be obvious to even the most backward person on the site.

STOP EATING LIMES AND SWITCH TO LEMONS!

grin.gif

Back