Will I need a watch?

Douglas

Old School KSUX
With all of this talk about watches and flight bags in other threads...

Is there anybody out there that doesn't wear a watch in the 135/121 world and get along just fine day to day?

I would rather not wear one.

I have just realized that I am the only CFI at the school that doesn't have a watch and a flight bag. (I do have DC head set bag, though)

Well my current job now which is a regional 121 doesnt require a watch but certainly my last 121 job required it in our flight operations manual.

Haven't worn a watch in ten years and I make it just fine every day. ;)

I've got my cell phone and in the airplane there are several clocks right in front of me to tell me what time of day it is.

Our ops manual (121) requires we wear a watch. Doesn't specify what kind or anything but we do need to have one.

With all of this talk about watches and flight bags in other threads...

Is there anybody out there that doesn't wear a watch in the 135/121 world and get along just fine day to day?

I would rather not wear one.

I have just realized that I am the only CFI at the school that doesn't have a watch and a flight bag. (I do have DC head set bag, though)

Your membership to the "Big pilot watch club" has been unceremoniously revoked! Turn in your decoder ring and Sporty pilot carry-all bag with the moderator as you exit!:mad: You sir, are a disgrace to the profession for even entertaining such a thought!! How are folks gonna know you're a pilot for crying out loud?!?

BTW...I'm kidding!:p

Your membership to the "Big pilot watch club" has been unceremoniously revoked! Turn in your decoder ring and Sporty pilot carry-all bag with the moderator as you exit!:mad: You sir, are a disgrace to the profession for even entertaining such a thought!! How are folks gonna know you're a pilot for crying out loud?!?

Now THAT's Funny! :D

i just saw yesterday a guy....granted he was an older gentleman......who was wearing a hat that on the front had all the AZ tower-served airports listed by ICAO, with the tower frequencies and ATIS (if there was one) printed on it. :D

Well my current job now which is a regional 121 doesnt require a watch but certainly my last 121 job required it in our flight operations manual.

Hey Mark!

I always thought it was just F/As who were really required to have watches. Cool.

Thanks for the heads up.

Haven't worn a watch in ten years and I make it just fine every day. ;)

That is good news!

Is this a serious question?

Yep

That's fine, I don't want to be in the club. I'll take my "members only" jacket and go elsewhere . :D

That's fine, I don't want to be in the club. I'll take my "members only" jacket and go elsewhere . :D

I'll bring mine and we can start our own "JC Member's Only Jacket Crew" and oust Doug and the rest of the big chiefs, alas, world domination will be ours!!

BTW, membership obviously requires a Member's Only jacket and A Flock of Seagulls haircut...
6a00e5520c9867883301127914e29728a4-800wi

Thread closed in 3.......2.......1......

Be sure to get a watch with an E6B bezel; it could save your ass in an inadvertent stall/spin situation after flying through a T-storm and losing your vacuum system over mountainous water at night.

My buddy has a Citizen with an E6B on it and i can't even read the numbers. I do like the 24 hour hand on a watch along with the normal hour, minute, and second hands. The 20 dollar timex with two time zones, stop watch, and alarm works well. You set one time zone to zulu time and one to local time and you are good to go. Get the Sporty's catalog. They have so much useless crap for pilots in that catalog. The traffic pattern calculator, the ATIS decoder, the Hold entry calculator. I know it may be handy but if you need to rely on it then you probably should not be flying. I do want to get my wife the "remove before flight" sleep shirt :D.

5250al.jpg

-Matt

Back