Will hiring in future be stronger?

fly22

Tenney, Taylor and A300capt, When hiring picks up in the future do you think it will be stronger and more intense then in the 90's?

That's like asking if the economy will be stronger in the future. Who knows? Any answer someone provides you would be pure speculation and nothing more.

I was basing my question more on what your company's future plans are in a strong economy and retirement. I know it all depends on an unpredictable economy. I was more curious to the speculation of your company's growth.

[ QUOTE ]
I was basing my question more on what your company's future plans are in a strong economy and retirement. I know it all depends on an unpredictable economy. I was more curious to the speculation of your company's growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pilots are more or less "Worker Bees" of the airline thus aren't privy to detailed information like this.

The companies that do divulge this to the employee group are normally doing it in a very 'strategic' method.

Similar to when I was a Skyway airlines pilot and the company had the Embraer Aircraft corporation fly a couple of Emb-145's down to the hangar for evaluation during our contract negotiations.

"You know, if we just did away with ALPA, we could probably afford a large fleet of these things"

Or when the rumors were started about the DC-9/series-10 that Midwest Express Airlines flew:

"If you'll fly these at the same rate as the 1900's, Tim Hoeksema (the CEO) says that we might get the DC-9-10's at Skyway."

I'm always wary of the strategic purpose of company charts, diagrams and the rumor mill.

I've been doing some networking with hiring people at some regionals.

I do believe you are about to see some growth in the industry, but it will be at the low end, lower paid regionals mostly.

Majors will not be hiring for several years due to the furloughs.

"Nationals" like SWA, JetBlue and Airtran will continue steady growth and steady hiring.

[ QUOTE ]
I've been doing some networking with hiring people at some regionals.

I do believe you are about to see some growth in the industry, but it will be at the low end, lower paid regionals mostly.

Majors will not be hiring for several years due to the furloughs.

"Nationals" like SWA, JetBlue and Airtran will continue steady growth and steady hiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

• Tenney! When I started at Riddle, they said I'd be making 300K at a major in no time!
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Back