Wife getting 1st ride

troopernflight

It seems like a long time ago that I was giving my wife her first ride in a 172 after I got my private license. Now she will have a chance to ride in a Citation that we are taking back to town from maintenance. This will be the first time that she will see me fly in a professional environment. It's always fun to share your flying with family and it will be great to have her see what I do when I'm away on all these trips. My son is 2 and I can't wait until he's old enough to take him up for his first flight!

That's pretty cool. Every time we make our way out to the airport when my wife sees the corporate jets (she particularly likes little Citations and Lears) she's like "ohhh I want to ride in THAT!".

Very cool.

I made the mistake of doing that. My wife saw I lived like a king for days at a time. The other thing she saw was that I couldn't land worth a crap.

My wife has been flying with me..she was fine when it was a Cirrus, but when I tried to take her up in a 172, she said she's not flying in a Saturn with wings... Can't wait to take my daughter up when she's a little older, she does love her airplanes though!

Have never flown with my wife, not in the 11 years I've been flying, nor the 13 that we've been dating and/or married. Maybe I will have to do this sometime....she always bugs me about it.

Mrs. Beagle will reluctantly travel in a light piston, under the condition that it is going to someplace "fun" like the Bahamas or the Florida Keys. Otherwise, not a chance.

My wife has been flying with me..she was fine when it was a Cirrus, but when I tried to take her up in a 172, she said she's not flying in a Saturn with wings... Can't wait to take my daughter up when she's a little older, she does love her airplanes though!
Why not just do it now? When we do have a baby I want to take the baby flying, but hubby loves to go too, so watching the baby won't be an issue. The couple that runs one of the flight schools around here has a baby that has been flying since he was born.

I had to take our CJ3 in for service. Wife and our 3 kids flew with me. We got about a three day mini-vacation while we waited on the work. It was a nice trip, she sat up front with me and the kids took turns sitting in the "pilot" seat. A trip they won't forget.

Have never flown with my wife, not in the 11 years I've been flying, nor the 13 that we've been dating and/or married. Maybe I will have to do this sometime....she always bugs me about it.
Could you take her up in what you are flying now?

Could you take her up in what you are flying now?

Even if it had a second seat in it (which it doesn't), sadly no. I'd love to, if for no other reason, than to prove to her that when I say flying is a workout that I'm not full of BS :) The 2-seat dudes occasionally give rides, but those go to distinguished visitors, people from the media, and to a lesser extent outstanding Sailors from the squadron (normally Sailor of the Year or something). So no family/bro hook-ups. About the only time I could conceivably do that is if I'm ever in a 2-seat squadron, and I had a friend who was a fellow military aviator who got the appropriate seat brief/physiology training. Even that would probably be a hard sell.

Back