Why is Florida Tech not a Sub Forum?

EXPRESSJET

What the heck is up with that? I've seen the quality of student Middle Tennesse State Univeristy produces. Florida Tech is much, much better.:banghead:

I think it has to do with the number of students from each school here on the forum. There are alot more students here either interested in, or are attending schools like MTSU, UND, and Embry-Riddle.

You really want to go there? Florida Tech has been around longer then all of them with the exception of Embry-Riddle. Plus, if we ever get a football team then watch out...:yup:

Welcome to JC... might be better to poke around for a bit before you come in guns blazing.

What the heck is up with that? I've seen the quality of student Middle Tennesse State Univeristy produces. Florida Tech is much, much better.:banghead:

Do they teach irony at Florida Tech? :)

I went to Middle Tennesse State Univeristy...it sucked
I went to Auburn...ok
I went to San Jacinto College...it sucked
I went Oklahoma...it was alright
I went to Florida Tech...it was great, except for the flight school.
I went to Embry-Riddle...it was decent.
I went to All Atps...the only place that made since.

So go:yeahthat:youself.

I know the ropes.

FIT's flight school sucks!?!? Have you seen what they've done to it recently by any chance? 50 brand new planes, and a brand new aviation facility... FIT is one of the better places to go. Besides, how can anyone know the ropes or know much of anything about a college if they transferred schools each semester...

BTW, even though I'm new here, I don't think saying " Go #*$% yourself" is going to get you any kind of credibility.

I graduated from FIT in 1995 and although I can't blame them DIRECTLY for the path my career has taken, I figure they can take 25% or so of the blame. ;)

(Gotta blame somebody, might as well be them!)

Zapper...ok, I can go with 25%. The other 25% wil go to that :buck: Aerodynamics class and that :drool: Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators book. The other 49% I will take the blame for. The other 1% will go to the guy above :yup:. This is PAUL HARVEY, GOOD DAY!!!

Zapper...ok, I can go with 25%. The other 25% wil go to that :buck: Aerodynamics class and that :drool: Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators book. The other 49% I will take the blame for. The other 1% will go to the guy above :yup:. This is PAUL HARVEY, GOOD DAY!!!

Looks like someone is getting their panties in a bunch! :laff:

Go easy on the throttles there partner.....A good idea would be a first post of "hi...this is me..", then out the starting gate.

Technique only.

Someone bouncing around from school to school.. it is probably the student, not the school. Kind of like when a student bounces from instructor to instructor...:bandit:

I went to MTSU and I am now teaching at FIT. They seem to produce the same type of pilots as far as I can see.

Zapper...ok, I can go with 25%. The other 25% wil go to that :buck: Aerodynamics class

I mean if I break down the 25%, i'd put maybe 15% on Barker's airport thesis... and the other 10% on that FAA simmod noise modeling software. What was that written in Fortran?

Zap,

I got an "A" in Barker's airport thesis class and an "A" in that FAA simmod noise modeling software stuff. I think it was written in PASCAL thou. I think 15% would have to go to that stupid Computer Aviaiton Class...when you have a test and the question is "what is >" then you have to ask yourself what the heck am I paying for...I learned less then, great then, equal to in 1st Grade. My high school was way harder then Florida Tech. The other 10% would have to go into living in that Sanitarium called Robert's Hall.

I lived in Campbell Hall my freshman year... Evans my Junior year before moving to Southgate. And one semester at that little dorm across the street -- what was that one called?

I went back a couple of years after graduation and sat in on a class during which the instructor was speaking about scope and outsourcing. It was PROFOUND how wrong he (military background) he was, and the kids were just eating it up.

You don't know how much you don't know. Sad.

It was like Brown or Brownie or something like that.

I'm going back for the first time next month since I graduated.

Yeah, I don't know nothing :drool:

I just make 100K a year flying people on chartered flight around :panic:

How easy that is :cwm27:!

I've gone over and looked at the campus a few times since I graduated. I've been down there on a few day trips and a few overnights. To be honest, it's interesting to look around but it seems like a lifetime ago. I have no emotional attachment to the campus.

I can't believe it's been almost 15 years... + a little flight instruction + some night freight + 6 airlines + 1 corporate flt department...

Drop me a PM with your name. Maybe we know each other.

FIT's flight school sucks!?!? Have you seen what they've done to it recently by any chance? 50 brand new planes, and a brand new aviation facility... FIT is one of the better places to go. Besides, how can anyone know the ropes or know much of anything about a college if they transferred schools each semester...

BTW, even though I'm new here, I don't think saying " Go #*$% yourself" is going to get you any kind of credibility.

FIT has a good flight school, but it is nothing to brag about, not above and beyond. Some of pilots they produce are people I would never consider flying with, mostly the born-and-bred FIT ones. How some FIT instructors are afraid of actual IMC is a scary disease there, "it's overcast at 2000, we need to cancel" etc. There is one student who is somehow up for his CFI soon that is one of the most uneducated pilots I have ever met. I hope for the safety of those flying around him and his potential students, he busts until he knows his stuff. There are several of these types around here, unfortunately. Then again, these types are everywhere.

50 brand new planes? They received twelve new ones-- 8 Warriors and 4 Seminoles. Everything else, with the exception of a few 2000-ish Warriors, are 70's models. Please do not spread false information to prospective students. The new building is very nice, a huge step up from the old one, indeed.

Horror stories can be told of the way they have treated particular students, and these are not isolated. FIT has murdered the passion of flight for several students. Anyway, if you are (in the majority) one of the ones who has a good experience the entire time at FIT Aviation, good on you. Otherwise, be prepared for a bumpy road with occasional severe turbulence, with some bursts of sun in between.

I am in no way not recommending FIT, it is a phenomenal school. The operation at FIT Aviation has just been...undesirable at times.

Back