Why is Business Class so expensive?

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, if business class became too inexpensive, I'm sure the business travelers don't want to deal with screaming babies, "The Clampetts", or "chatty" Carole who'll happy knit a sweater, need to be let out to tinkle every 10 minutes and not catch the hint that if a passenger is wearing headphones, he's not interested in talking about your Pomeranian!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! The last thing I want to do when I'm flying out last minute to go to a client who's pissed off about something and wants me there first thing in the morning is deal with a screaming baby! Just one more headache that I don't need!

That's why I loved it when I could book business class or first. I knew I wouldn't have to deal with that.

My "chatty Carole" story comes from a flight from PHX to DFW on America West.

This lady was probably 70 years old and verbally "berated" me for being late after sitting down in the last available seat on the jet.

"Why are you late?"

"I'm not late ma'am, the flight leaves the gate at 4:30pm"

"You're late. Why didn't you come on time?"

"Ma'am, it's 4:15pm"

"Late late late, I hate late people".

About 15 minutes later, I've got my headphones on...

*nudge*

"Pepsi. I like Pepsi. This airline has Pepsi. I flew your airline once and all you had was Coke. Why don't you carry Pepsi. I like Pepsi. When the stewardess comes down the aisle, I'm going to order a Pepsi. I can't see why Delta serves Coke, Coke is so bitter. It's not as good as Pepsi."

*nudge*

"My dog is in the cargo bin, do you think he's ok? He's really nervous. He doesn't even like the ride to the airport, better yet being in his cage in the belly of an airplane...."

*nudge*

Blah blah blah.

I have noticed (atleast 6 years ago) a tendancy toward coke products in airlines
cool.gif

That's just cause I had about a dozen cokes one day flying
shocked.gif
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Which reminds me of one of my favorite quotes to say when I do something stupid to the FMS...

"I musta drank me ten docta peppahs!" (Forrest Gump)

Oh, and the...

"I'm an excellent driver...excellent driver" (Rain Man) When I'm 'hand flying' the jet.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Which reminds me of one of my favorite quotes to say when I do something stupid to the FMS...

"I musta drank me ten docta peppahs!" (Forrest Gump)

Oh, and the...

"I'm an excellent driver...excellent driver" (Rain Man) When I'm 'hand flying' the jet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah I love both of those movies.

[ QUOTE ]
My "chatty Carole" story comes from a flight from PHX to DFW on America West.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite was going from IAD to SAN. I was going for a trade show.

I heard a rant against assigned seats. I showed up pretty much half an hour before the flight left (this was pre 9/11) and this woman had her stuff spread out over all three seats. "On most airlines, they don't do assigned seating. Why do they do it on this one? You shouldn't get that seat because I was here earlier than you."

I'm trying to be polite, because I know I'm going to have to put up with this woman for five hours. So I say, "well, on this one, they do assign seats, so I'll need you to clear your things off mine, please."

There's a big sigh, and then she moves her stuff.

Then there's a rant about the airplane. "I don't like this airplane. It's old. I don't think it's safe. What do you think? Are you worried?"

That might make sense when you get asked it, Doug, but I don't own one of those pilot uniforms, so it made no sense to ask me. I'm still trying to be polite so I just say, "well, I don't think the pilots and mechanics would let it leave if they didn't think it was safe."

Finally, just before the doors close, someone comes rushing down the aisle and he's got the seat the woman's in. He says, excuse me, ma'am, I think you might be in my seat. He's got the right seat, and she says, "I don't want to move. I was here first." so he gets the flight attendant to help out.

It turns out that she should have been way in the back and just popped right into the seat because she saw it was open and didn't feel like going to her assigned seat.

As she storms down the aisle, she says "I hate assigned seats. I'm never flying an airline with them again."

I look up at the purser, and she's rolling her eyes. That's all it took to make me bust out laughing.

People try and plop down in first class all the time with coach seats. I at least see that once per trip.

Thanks Southwest!
smile.gif

Back