Why do few people fly into Manchester NH anymore?

My guess a lot more expensive and a lot fewer flights/ not very flexible/not wanting to do the SWA thing.

1537111510529.jpeg

No more industry in the area, not much cheaper and you still have to connect anywhere you want to go, which would go through another delayed airport. Why connect in Newark on an RJ when you can drive 45 min to BOS and actually get to where you wanna go on a mainline jet

It depends on a few things: their final destination, ticket price, times of available flights, and more.

Don’t let the bad news bring you down, but there is good news and that freight is increasing there.

OST_R | BTS | Transtats

I mean...that’s a good point. I had to go to Nashua a few months ago and the option of taking a nonstop into BOS and a bus made more sense than going into MHT and taking a short Uber down.

Funny story from an MHT overnight.

Got in late and we were staying at the Raddison. Hotel van drops us off and we were waiting outside for the driver to come around and unload the bags.

Captain: "Hey Emu. Come stand over next to me."
Me: "I just sat next to you all day. I'm good."
Captain: "No, seriously. Come stand over here. You won't regret it."
Me: "Ok, but if this gets weird."

As I went over to join him it all made sense. In the lobby of the hotel there is a grand piano. On that grand piano was a model in lingerie doing a photo shoot. It was difficult not to be weird.

Long story short, listen to your captain.

Funny story from an MHT overnight.

Got in late and we were staying at the Raddison. Hotel van drops us off and we were waiting outside for the driver to come around and unload the bags.

Captain: "Hey Emu. Come stand over next to me."
Me: "I just sat next to you all day. I'm good."
Captain: "No, seriously. Come stand over here. You won't regret it."
Me: "Ok, but if this gets weird."

As I went over to join him it all made sense. In the lobby of the hotel there is a grand piano. On that grand piano was a model in lingerie doing a photo shoot. It was difficult not to be weird.

Long story short, listen to your captain.

A "model" in "lingerie" doing a "photo shoot" at the Manch Raddison ... yeah that would be difficult not be weird :p

Boston is too busy and has delays from fog.

I'm not familiar with New England as I've never been to Boston and don't know how practical Logan, Hartford, Providence and Manchester are, but it amazes me how outside of Atlanta pretty much every top 10 metro area has more than one major airport and they all seem to thrive. I would have thought the traffic shifted to Providence or Hartford, but I don't think that's the case. I guess Logan must be really well run.

Back