Why Cabotage is Bad: Nice parking, Aeromexico!

I'd bet that you could still 'carefully' push the eagle plane back and clear the MD-80, assuming there is nothing parked toward the left. Now if you pulled the airplane forward you'd clear it by a mile.

Honestly I'd do it with three walkers that I trusted. You'd be very surprised how tight you can spin jets on a lektro when you have to.

I'd bet that you could still 'carefully' push the eagle plane back and clear the MD-80, assuming there is nothing parked toward the left. Now if you pulled the airplane forward you'd clear it by a mile.

Honestly I'd do it with three walkers that I trusted. You'd be very surprised how tight you can spin jets on a lektro when you have to.

As someone that's fairly familiar with D terminal parking at DFW... that's not how it's supposed to work. Barring some of the larger widebodies, there's no reason to stack up at a gate like that. Scareomexico just can't park. Those gates should be straight in, straight back.

Fun fact: The OP of that photo at another location is a DFW Operations worker, so she knew the deal from the get-go.

I'm still not sure exactly whats going on here. Obviously the MD is blocking the ERJ, but why would the ground crew let them park like that? And what does it have to do with cabotage?

What the heck?? How is this even legal?? I mean, great competitive technique... just park it behind the other guy.

it looks like the MD is blocking the ERJ because the camera is positioned at an Angle , believe it or not none is blocking the other, and ive seen it many times at LGA , also note that the MD has higher wings :bandit:

As am I. What say you, Firebird2XC?

Cabotage is the practice of foreign airlines flying point to point in the United States, and not from outside the U.S. and then back again, as is current practice.

Cabotage is bad for a number of reasons in American industry. The spectre of a system that requires such stringent safety being operated by a foreign interest which does not answer to the U.S. government directly is the issue here.

In other words, this arrangement is some sort of schlocky screwup and other events would likely be commonplace if American skies became glutted with foreign carriers.

Cabotage=bad.

Cabotage is the practice of foreign airlines flying point to point in the United States, and not from outside the U.S. and then back again, as is current practice.

Cabotage is bad for a number of reasons in American industry. The spectre of a system that requires such stringent safety being operated by a foreign interest which does not answer to the U.S. government directly is the issue here.

In other words, this arrangement is some sort of schlocky screwup and other events would likely be commonplace if American skies became glutted with foreign carriers.

Cabotage=bad.

But this picture has nothing to do with cabotage.

Did you realize that those Aeromexico workers are probably contracted to work that ramp by a US company?

Did you realize that those Aeromexico workers are probably contracted to work that ramp by a US company?

I don't mean to make too big of a deal of it. Aeromexico does not have a MX base at Dulles, so there was probably an Aeromexico flight crew up front while the aircraft was in motion.

But, we all have bad days. Maybe this time was theirs.

I don't mean to make too big of a deal of it. Aeromexico does not have a MX base at Dulles, so there was probably an Aeromexico flight crew up front while the aircraft was in motion.

But, we all have bad days. Maybe this time was theirs.

Well hopefully the crew operating the aircraft is from the country of orgin. Thats not the point if so then all of our legacy carriers would have difficulty operating.

There was nothing in this photo that would suggest that the aircraft was carrying passengers from one US destination to another US destination while picking up and dropping off passengers. Just a bad park job.

Symbolism is apparently lost on you, sir.

It's a Mexican airplane blocking an American one, clearly preventing it from doing its business until IT goes first.

Read a little into it, and you see the point being made.

Symbolism is apparently lost on you, sir.

It's a Mexican airplane blocking an American one, clearly preventing it from doing its business until IT goes first.

Read a little into it, and you see the point being made.

I guess so because with a lektro I think the ground crew could get that ERJ fairly easily :p

Back