Why aviation?

Amin

When I was 13, I was allowed in the cockpit of an A310 on its way to Dubai Intl. The pilots were very kind and let me stay and watch them land the plane. They explained how they navigated the plane, showed me landmarks and other planes around us and were generally awesome to talk to. It was a breathtaking experience that I still remember to this day. From then on I was pretty certain I wanted to fly for a living.

What experience/s/ pulled you into this industry?

When I was 13, I was allowed in the cockpit of an A310 on its way to Dubai Intl. The pilots were very kind and let me stay and watch them land the plane. They explained how they navigated the plane, showed me landmarks and other planes around us and were generally awesome to talk to. It was a breathtaking experience that I still remember to this day. From then on I was pretty certain I wanted to fly for a living.

For me, it was always being around it. My father used to fly (Mom too but not professionally). I went on my first introductory flight and knew it was for me too.

For me, it was always being around it. My father used to fly (Mom too but not professionally). I went on my first introductory flight and knew it was for me too.

:yeahthat: :) father flew in Air Force and then went onto the FAA, mom was also an aircraft mechanic in the AF. Been around aviation my whole life.

Always loved it growing up, and then watching top gun just about everyday reinforced it, but when I started working at an airport it was all over and done with, I knew I had do something with aviation. I will always remember when my instructor for my first aviation job (ramp for flyi) said that many of those who enter into this industry never leave, it is an addiction, and many of you will never leave. I had a feeling then he was right, and sure enough, here I am.

Always loved it growing up, and then watching top gun just about everyday reinforced it, but when I started working at an airport it was all over and done with, I knew I had do something with aviation. I will always remember when my instructor for my first aviation job (ramp for flyi) said that many of those who enter into this industry never leave, it is an addiction, and many of you will never leave. I had a feeling then he was right, and sure enough, here I am.

Oh and when I went to space camp when I was 8 and got to fly a jet simulator. The pilot helping me out let me try to land on an aircraft carrier after landing at an airport. He said he'd never seen someone my age land before. Talk about making a little kid's head grow huge. I wonder if he was serious...yeah probably not.

Too proud to beg, too lazy to work.

That quote is signature material...I really like it. For me it was just something different. I see my dad working a job that pays the bills but it is a dread every morning to get up to work. I caught the bug and couldn't imagine doing anything else for a living.

My favorite quote is:

If you love what you do (for a living), you never work a day in your life.

I love flying because of peace and quiet and a place where I can get away from it all, especially from a nagging ex girlfriend.

I worked 10 years in an office with no window. Now the widow has a different view everyday. Making less than half the money now, but not one day regretted turning in the notice. It would be like returning to prison.

Flying solo is the most lonely feeling in the world, but not in a negative way. It's almost euphoric; nothing on the ground means a damn thing up there. For me, it's a release.

Vast sums of money, fame and respect, and the chance at a great family life. :rolleyes: Seriously, I dunno, it was the only thing I could imagine myself doing and it still is.

Always liked planes as a kid. But really I blame my sister. She bought me an intro flight and paid for my first lesson for birthday and Christmas one year. The rest is history.

Mom went on a flight in a beaver on floats in AK. I was working as a river guide in Grand canyon and looking for another adventure job. Mom said "somebody is going to get paid to fly, might as well be you" How I ended up in the right seat of a EMB 120 is a WHOLE nuther story!

Always thought it would be cool to do.

When I was younger, I loved looking into cockpits on the way to my seat on airliners. Looking up in the sky is always fun too.

Ever since I was little I watched airplanes and wanted to be a pilot. I vowed when I was ten to get my License before I was out of high school. Later that year, My hero and relative, then Nebraska quarterback behind Tommie Frazier, Brook Berringer died when his J-3 cub crashed shortly after takeoff.

I put the dream away. Now in college, senior year I decided that I no longer have faith in the Criminal Justice system, and if at all possible I do not want to use my major. I called up my folks and said, I am going to be a pilot, sorry for wasting 4 years of your money on an education I will hopefully not use.
I started learning and love it, while I have yet to complete my PPL...I am very close. I can't imagine never having this experience, and I know this is what I want to do, and will not stop until my dream becomes a reality.

That is all.

For some reason I have a distant memory of liking aviation even before I first had any real contact with it when my parents got me an F-22 game in the early 90s. From there I went to the MSFS series and got hooked. I've said I've wanted to be many things (and still change from time to time) but somehow I always come back to aviation.

Don't know if it is really what I'll want to do. But I figure I need to at the very least try the out the pro pilot thing and if it doesn't work out I can move on to something else (as others here have done).

I grew up in a house that was located close to some Major Airports, and my head kept looking skywards EVERYTIME an airplane flew by.

Enough said..:nana2:

Back