Who's working where?

mfloyd

Who\'s working where?

Just wanted to do a quick informal survey of who is currently employed and working as a CFI, CFII, or MEI. Please just reply with location, hours of dual given per week, and type of instruction given.

I'm trying to get a feel for where (if anywhere) in the country flight instruction is doing well.

Thanks.

Mark

Re: Who\'s working where?

CFI-SNA (john wayne/orange county) First month as a CFI and instructing about 5 hours per week. This summer it will probably go upto 15-20/ week when graduate school and do it full time.

Some of the full time guys instruct anywhere from 80-90 hours a month.

CFI working in the NY metro area...FRG Republic Airport.

Average this winter...somewhere around 30hrs/month dual.

I'm a flight instructor at Sawyer Aviation, at the Scottsdale airport. Right now, I average about five hours a week. It is very difficult because each instructor is responsible for finding his/her own students.

I'll have my CFI by mid-March....anybody need an instructor?

Chunk

For those of us looking for CFI jobs, I'll be able to give you an idea of how things look in Chicagoland/ NW Indiana area, Portland, and Seattle. Next week I am leaving on a 2 week trip to canvas these areas and "press the flesh" hopefully finding gainful employment.

Mark

Hanscom Field, Bedford Mass. I fly 4 days per week, and have all the students I want, but the weather's been lousy lately. In the summer I was flying 50-60 hours per month, but I only flew 24 hours in November and about 40 in December.

Stephen

I'm a CFI/II (aspiring MEI) at APA in Denver, Colorado. I teach about 80 hours a month. It's really hard to get a CFI job in Dever right now.

I'm a CFI, CFII, MEI, and IGI. I teach in Seattle and avg about 60 hours a month. It is slow in the winter and real busy in the spring and summer.

CFI,CFII,MEI FlightSafety Academy, Vero Beach FL

Right now it's pretty slow a good month will average about 50 hours.

Back