Who’s in Incheon today?

I just had some dandelion kimchi and some oysters.......are we talking metaphorically "in" incheon?

I arrive in ICN in the morning from Guangzhou. Bringing a 767 home after a FCF. Been a journey getting out here…

I arrive in ICN in the morning from Guangzhou. Bringing a 767 home after a FCF. Been a journey getting out here…

I dont do a a lot of FCF's (at least not in airliners), but when I do, I do them on the way to China.

Too funn,y I had a weird feeling last night that someone near and dear to me was close, but couldn’t figure it out. Which is why I thought I’d create this thread to see if anyone was around.

Woke up, procrastinated a bit, then headed down to a late breakfast. Low and behold, it’s @JaceTheAce!

I knew someone was in town! Gotta trust your ‘spidey sense’ sometimes!

IMG_1436.jpeg

I dont do a a lot of FCF's (at least not in airliners), but when I do, I do them on the way to China.
Yeah this was my first one ever. Thankfully no flight control checks so that cut about half of the items on the checklist off. We do most of our heavy checks out here in CAN, so lots of trips coming out here. Great for efficiency and commuters. Deadhead around. Fly a couple legs. Cover 7-12 days of work to do like 3 legs. Can’t beat it.

Yeah this was my first one ever. Thankfully no flight control checks so that cut about half of the items on the checklist off. We do most of our heavy checks out here in CAN, so lots of trips coming out here. Great for efficiency and commuters. Deadhead around. Fly a couple legs. Cover 7-12 days of work to do like 3 legs. Can’t beat it.
Are you with Cargo Air Management? They move ATSG 76's around. Been trying to get an interview there.

Too funn,y I had a weird feeling last night that someone near and dear to me was close, but couldn’t figure it out. Which is why I thought I’d create this thread to see if anyone was around.

Woke up, procrastinated a bit, then headed down to a late breakfast. Low and behold, it’s @JaceTheAce!

I knew someone was in town! Gotta trust your ‘spidey sense’ sometimes!

View attachment 76715
1709090463368.gif

Out of curiosity, what does an airliner FCF look like, footprint wise? I have done my share of them in my other job, and it is not a flight hour generator.....somewhere around an hour of ground checks, sometimes damn near 2, and sometimes doesn't even pass enough to get airborne.....and in that case, if you aren't available the next day, congrats tomorrow's pilot, I just cocked your FCF for you to do a normal start and go straight to runway :) But it is a fart and a s***tstain of a flight, takeoff, do a couple random checks, then go real fast, do a 7G/limiter pull, pop up into the 30's and do some throttle slams in and out of afterburner, a few more throttle slams with the gear and flaps down, and then come into the break. I don't think I've logged one that was more than a 0.7.

Out of curiosity, what does an airliner FCF look like, footprint wise? I have done my share of them in my other job, and it is not a flight hour generator.....somewhere around an hour of ground checks, sometimes damn near 2, and sometimes doesn't even pass enough to get airborne.....and in that case, if you aren't available the next day, congrats tomorrow's pilot, I just cocked your FCF for you to do a normal start and go straight to runway :) But it is a fart and a s***tstain of a flight, takeoff, do a couple random checks, then go real fast, do a 7G/limiter pull, pop up into the 30's and do some throttle slams in and out of afterburner, a few more throttle slams with the gear and flaps down, and then come into the break. I don't think I've logged one that was more than a 0.7.
Fairly easy for us. No ground checks, not sure if they do that or what.
Full power takeoff, record event of engine stats pretty much at 400 ft. Went to 12k. Took all automation off and yaw dampers off. Banks up to 45, trim out for level flight. Recording the data. Automation back on and up 300 and do the same. (Again we didn’t have any engine or flight control work done on this check so we eliminated about 4 pages of work on the controls). At altitude we did some banks and someone checked back in mid cabin. APU on. Checking spoilers on descent. Anti ice on and record engine data. Auto land. ETOPs verification in the flight. Also while we did all of this we had about 5+ people in back doing their checks of the cabin. Went pretty smooth about 1.2hrs. Got paperwork signed then took off for ICN.

Back