Who's got Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3?

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Who\'s got Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3?

I might arrange a Jetcarees dogfight-athon next week sometime online, just want to know if it's just going to be me and Eagle taking pot shots at one another...

Re: Who\'s got Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3?

Sounds like fun!
smile.gif

How much is it?

$45, I think?

If you get it, make sure you download the update. The system performance is pretty "iffy" without it.

Typical Microsoft!

Okay Doug, you've peaked my curiosity. I was/am a big fan of Falcon4 and use to dogfight online with a good f/o friend of mine using Novalogic's F-16/Mig-29 games. It was real hoot! We'd engage in a couple dogfights and then a few hours later we were flying a UPS flight together and still ragging on each other on who had actually won.
grin.gif

How are the graphics/frame rates with MCFS 3? What type of system/graphics board are you running it on and what min computer system does the game require? Can you post any screen shots?

post the date and time you will be on, and I'll be there. A word of advise Doug, please make sure you dont allow any mods, someone will show up in an F14 or something and kick everyones butt! Make sure you only allow stock airplanes for the dogfight, makes it more fun.

I have it. I will be in.

I think the key is getting the update for 3.1.

My laptop has a PIII-M with 1 Ghz and 512Mb of ram and a 32Mb videocard and my performance with the 'out of the box' install was pretty miserable.

I updated to v3.1 and my performance is way better. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd just post a direct link to update the software!

The patch of CFS 3 automatically updates it to 3.1 because of all the new stuff that it adds.

[ QUOTE ]
$45, I think?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not too bad...

I'll see if I can get some cash together and start practicing for the "dogfight"!
smile.gif

I hadn't really looked at CFS 3, but I do have CFS 2 still. I also LOVE Longbow 2, if anyone has that. I think you can do multiplayer on it! I most enjoy flying the UH-60s in deploying Rangers on S&D missions.
smile.gif

If anyone is interested, I'm addicted to Novalogic's Delta Force Black Hawk Down MP demo, which is AWESOME. VERY fun. It would be cool to get 10 or so people together on the streets of Mogadishu to do battle. Same is true for MOHAA Spearhead.

Back