Who would you like to be the #1 airline in 10 years?

[ QUOTE ]
How do we know JetBlue won't end up like PeopleExpress?

[/ QUOTE ]

The management of JetBlue is not operating in a vacuum. They know the mistakes PeoplExpess has made and they are going to avoid them.

The pulled out of the ATL market because, while it was making money, they decided to reposition limited assets to better yielding markets. JetBlue will return to ATL once the EMB190s come on line.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do we know JetBlue won't end up like PeopleExpress?

[/ QUOTE ]

The management of JetBlue is not operating in a vacuum. They know the mistakes PeoplExpess has made and they are going to avoid them.

The pulled out of the ATL market because, while it was making money, they decided to reposition limited assets to better yielding markets. JetBlue will return to ATL once the EMB190s come on line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well with 92% load factors I think they are doing fine and won't end up like People Express. A big part of the reason for pulling out of Atlanta was because Long Beach Airport wouldn't give JetBlue the slots they wanted. This limited their presence for starting West Coast service out of ATL, thus pulling out of there and waitinf for a more opportune time.

There's too many variables to determine who's number one, but by any scale, AA isn't number one considering they're two steps away from bankruptcy. As much as I hate to say it, but I'd vote for SWA as number one with Continental and Delta a close second.

-tiger

Back