Who Owns The MU2's at BWI?

CK

Who Owns The MU2\'s at BWI?

Does any one know the owners of the frieght company that flies out of BWI? Figured I'd try to go over there one day and suck up to the chief pilot and see if I can ride right seat. Are there any rules against this? One more question. The feeders for Fedex in Caravans, are they 135 of 121?

Thanks.

Re: Who Owns The MU2\'s at BWI?

Ride on a MU2? You've got some real balls...I don't even like standing next to those things when the are parked on the ramp.

[ QUOTE ]
Figured I'd try to go over there one day and suck to the chief pilot and see if I can ride right seat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm sure if you suck the chief pilot.....

..um... or did you mean "Suck UP to"???
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ride on a MU2? You've got some real balls...I don't even like standing next to those things when the are parked on the ramp.

[/ QUOTE ]

A neighbor owns one and I've flown in it a couple times. Does feel like a coffin, but the pilots are experienced. 5,000 hours in the minimum amount of time to fly one.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Figured I'd try to go over there one day and suck to the chief pilot and see if I can ride right seat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm sure if you suck the chief pilot.....

..um... or did you mean "Suck UP to"???
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps
blush.gif
That's not what I meant.

Theres a company out of atlanta that flies up in that area that hauls for the federal reserve. Its Epps Aviation here not sure about up there

He parks his plane at Signature BWI. I used to fuel his plane before he left. Couple of employee's get rides with him (right seat) all you gotta do is ask...real nice guy

[ QUOTE ]
The feeders for Fedex in Caravans, are they 135 of 121?

[/ QUOTE ]

The FedEx feeder that flew Caravans out of XNA where I used to live was 135. Unfortunately, FedEx won't allow anyone to ride along because of that jumpseater that went nuts on a mainline crew and tried to kill them all a few years ago.

Those FedEX caravans were a pain to fuel!!!! you have to stand on the very top of the ladder to put the nozzle in. Windy conditions at that altitude made a 19 year old lineman wish he went to college.

P.S
Harrison Ford flies a Caravan, I picked him and colesta flockheart up on a sunday afternoon @ Signature Flight Support (IAD) after he left the cargo door open flapping in the relative wind. O i forgot...he didnt Tip!!

ATA Victim,

Man I can't imagine how many times I've seen you, you work at IAD and BWI, man I used to those places all the time.

hahaha..Yeah...I worked at BWI,IAD and DCA..for signature flight support and United Express..my days of throwing bags are over....im about to get a job as a crew schedulerdo you work at the airport of fly in em? I have soo many funny airport stories....you remember the USAir guy who met the Dash-8 prop????!!! I was there for the clean up!!! (3 days later) after NTSB arrived.....I have soo many connections at all 3 airports!!!

What's wrong with riding in a MU2?

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with riding in a MU2?

[/ QUOTE ]

They used to crash a lot, not the airplanes fault, just pilots don't know how to handle them, and they feel like a coffin on the inside, very short (height wise) and long.

[ QUOTE ]
you work at the airport of fly in em

[/ QUOTE ]

Fly into them, in the summer into MTN about 4 days a week and we occasionally stop by BWI.

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i used to fly 747's out of BWI

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i used to fly 747's out of BWI

[/ QUOTE ]
And I went to Phoenix last week and flew an A320 and B757!
grin.gif

There is absoultely NOTHING wrong with the MU2. Coffin? Come on man. Everyone knows that by having a smaller frontal profile, an aircraft will have less form drag. This results in more speed. And for a turboprop, the MU2 is a speed demon! And, "they crash alot"......huh? Lots of airplanes crash alot. You can't just go around saying that a plane crashes because the pilots dont know how to fly it. Jeez.

Back