Whiteout on Logbook

You will never get an interview and if you do they will cancel flights simply so pilots who never made a mistake in their logbooks can come and laugh at you. ALPA will use your picture to bemoan the low quality of pilots looking for work. Kill yourself now, there is no hope.

I think there's talk about adding people who have mistakes in their logbooks to the "jumpseat protection list". You're screwed. :D

-mini

I don't know what all you hacks are talking about. I've never made a mistake in my logbook.

I royally messed up a few of the pages in my first logbook, so I used some white out in it.....The DPE didnt seem to care when I showed him my logbook for my commercial checkride.

Whiteout! What a horrible idea. It's best that you start with a new and fresh logbook and transfer all the data to it. Whiteout shows that you don't strive for perfection. Im on my 7th logbook now. :D

Gosh, sloppy log=sloppy pilot for sure.:D

You should see my underwear!:D

What's a logbook??? I keep my time on a roll of toilet paper.. almost got the first one filled up starting a new roll soon..

Ledger Green liquid paper, Available at finer pilot shops

Attachments

• greenout.jpg
    greenout.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 100
I'm on flying job number 3 and nobody has even bothered to look at my logbook yet. I guess they figure if you can lie on a resume you can lie in a logbook. I haven't seen an FAA reg that says you can't use whiteout or pencils and I really don't think a few entries whited-out would be a deal breaker with an employer either.

I find it kinda funny that this conversation is going on. Just the other day I recieved a new logbook in the mail. I decided that logbook #2 was looking too sloppy, and decided to re-write it. I'm pretty anal about my logbook though. I suppose it's a waste of time, especially if a super duper orderly logbook looks suspicious...:D

If I were interview someone a sloppy logbook would look worse than a very neat one. To me, if it is neat that mean the person pays attention to detail. I new one whale driver that carried his logbook with him on all trips and stenciled the entries in. It was quite impressive to see 16000 hrs going all the way back to the 60's.

Many folks will judge your attention to detail by looking at how neat your logbook is. Sometimes I wish I could write like my sisters... :eek: At anyrate I try to keep it neat as possible but accuracy in my mind is the most important.

If it is a recent error I would either cross through it or use correction ink. I wonder if the mistake was made a long time back, if it would be better to just correct the error, and make a dated and signed remark saying where the error was made and how it was corrected (perhaps in the endorsment or remarks section). I've done this before. Writing logs in the Navy, sometimes you added "late entry", with an explanation, date/time stamped and signed. That is my thought
That said, as long as it appears you are not P51ing time in your logbook, I think you will be okay.

I screwed up adding my totals from my first page to my second page in my logbook. Could i just by a new book and rewrite it all and have my instructor sign the flights he was on?

I use the greenout stuff. when I transfered my hours to logbook pro, it found some errors so i corrected them (not fun!).
i cant imagine a future employer disqualifying someone with several thousand hours in a couple log books for having a few mistakes! I can see if the log was totally trashed and looked really sloppy, that might make the applicant look bad To me, a couple corrections just shows that the person cares if thier logbook is correct!

Back