Which type rating?

Don't get a LR-JET type. It's getting to be a useless type these days.

Yeah, I would misty agree with this. Although there a lot of Lear 35's still flying around out there, they are getting pretty old. And they newest Lear you can fly with the LR-Jet type rating is the 55, which they quit making in the early 90's.

Here's an idea...how about a Phenom type? They are pretty new airplanes, with not that many type rated pilots in the system yet. Unlike the Lear, which has a zillion type rated pilots floating around out there. Plus they are selling those Phenoms like hotcakes because of the low operating cost. You might have some good opportunities with this. Of course you could say the same thing for any of the newer light jets (Mustang, Eclipse 550, small Citations, etc.)

Good luck!

Yeah, I would misty agree with this. Although there a lot of Lear 35's still flying around out there, they are getting pretty old. And they newest Lear you can fly with the LR-Jet type rating is the 55, which they quit making in the early 90's.

Don't forget about the 31 - those they stopped making this century. Doesn't change the fact that a LRJET type wouldn't be the best idea...

Good luck whatever you choose. I vote for a Citation type. I've heard they're easy to fly and you see a lot of them hanging around.

The 350 seems to have a LOT of openings these days. I know it's not a JEEEETTTTTTTT, but the immediate job market looks promising.

Don't forget about the 31 - those they stopped making this century. Doesn't change the fact that a LRJET type wouldn't be the best idea...

Good luck whatever you choose. I vote for a Citation type. I've heard they're easy to fly and you see a lot of them hanging around.

D'oh!!! You're right! The 31 is a great flying little rocket.

If you're interested in Corp flying a better idea might be one of those right seat filler gigs at a training center. I'm sure someone here can fill in with some more details.

Back